Missing tank letters on '04 V-Rod - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 03-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
greenbike58

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Missing tank letters on '04 V-Rod

I have a '04 V-Rod with H-A-R-L-E-Y D-A-V-I-D-S-O-N spelled actoss each side of the tank in chrome letters. They tend to fall off spontaneously. I am now missing two. My dealer says I have to buy a new tank. Does anyone know where I can get isloated replacement letters cheaper?
greenbike58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
DallasV Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbike58
I have a '04 V-Rod with H-A-R-L-E-Y D-A-V-I-D-S-O-N spelled actoss each side of the tank in chrome letters. They tend to fall off spontaneously. I am now missing two. My dealer says I have to buy a new tank. Does anyone know where I can get isloated replacement letters cheaper?
A whole tank!!!! Why am I not surprised. Surely he is trying to bend you over.
DallasV Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Coonass
jacket off!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had a few fall off as well. I opted to just remove all of them. I think it gives it a much "smoother" look.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MOVING PEOPLE THRU MOTIVATION ONE TURD IN THE CROWDED POOL AT A TIME!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DRIVING FORCE OF THE "COONASS FAN CLUB"!
Coonass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
viostorm
Registered Full

Ha ... what a scam.

They are $75.00 (which is still a ripoff)

I "superglued" mine on because they kept falling off. Maybe not the best, but I still have them.

The more knowledgable guys on the forums probably have a better way.

Not only that, the tank is under the seat!
viostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #5
mustanggt
Will Work For Mod $$

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Not only that, the tank is under the seat![/QUOTE]

The dealers don't know that!!!!!!!!! It's our little secret.......

'02, Weld Charger 5 Chrome Front & Charger 5 8.5" Chrome Rear Wheel w/ Metz 240, Trick Tank, 12" Smooth Ride Shocks, Keyless Ignition, CFR Pipe w/cone, PCIIIUSB, SE Filter, Top-Less, HID Low Beams, Air Horn, HD Drag Bars, SE Custom Solo Seat, Doc's Stage 1 Light w/ Strobes, LED Rear Turn Signal Strip, Side-Mounted License Plate Holder, $50 clunk nut & Lots of Shiny Chrome.

'09 Street Glide, Black Pearl, Cruise, Security, ABS & Monster Ovals.
mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:22 PM   #6
Beeek
Lover of Bikes

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You can buy them for $42 ($84 for the pair) at Zanotti's. Part numbers 62791-04 and 62792-04 (left and right)

I made my own up with brushed aluminum vinyl along with a black vinyl shadow. I like them better since they don't catch on my cleaning cloth and it's easier to clean around them. It also looks sort of like they are etched.
I'll make up a pair just like these if you want for $50 shipped. I could do any color including chrome.

If you want I'll post a clearer picture to show the aluminum grain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beeekemblem.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	73852   Click image for larger version

Name:	beeekemblem2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	73853  
Beeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
JSC
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You might check with some of the painters on here- I'm sure they have taken more than a few off of sets that were repainted.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #8
spyke
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbike58
i,ve got some i,ve peeled off a tank, pm me your address and i,ll send them by mail,you can have them.
you,ll need to stick them on with double sided tape , that was stuck to the tank and didnt make it...
spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #9
hd-v-rodder

Wont any missing letters be covered under the warranty?
hd-v-rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #10
EddieLasVegas
Registered Full

I might some extra letters laying around.

Let me know (via PM) what you need and if I have them, they are yours.

Eddie
EddieLasVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #11
greenbike58

Many thanks for the many replies and sorry for being late to reply. The missing letter is the "I" in "Davidson" on riders left. If anyone has one, would same me some money. Please send to:

David Crippen
100 Emily Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15215

and I'll drop a little something nice back to you for your trouble.
greenbike58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:20 PM   #12
LL Cool K
Insane inda membrane

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I had the same problem, and was riding a Harley-Davidso for a few months. My dealer thought it was ridiculous that I would have to buy the entire set, so they bought a set, gave me the N, and kept the rest thinking someone else may need a letter sometime in the future.

I guess I have a good dealer.

In loving memory of Betty Boost! 1929-1996
Winner of the 2012 Midwest Thunder7 Johnny Hotfoot Award... Best Rat Bike!

LL Cool K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #13
Oyler535

Searching for chrome letters

I am looking for the letter H for my husband vrod and can't find it any where, can anyone direct me where to go, or have letters available?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	382961  
Oyler535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #14
LL Cool K
Insane inda membrane

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm missing a Y... It doesn't really bother me that much since everyone says it isn't a Harley anyway... now it's a HARLE

Anyway, yeah, you gotta buy the complete set.. the part numbers are in a previous post.

In loving memory of Betty Boost! 1929-1996
Winner of the 2012 Midwest Thunder7 Johnny Hotfoot Award... Best Rat Bike!

LL Cool K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:53 PM   #15
04vrodEvan
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeek View Post
You can buy them for $42 ($84 for the pair) at Zanotti's. Part numbers 62791-04 and 62792-04 (left and right)

I made my own up with brushed aluminum vinyl along with a black vinyl shadow. I like them better since they don't catch on my cleaning cloth and it's easier to clean around them. It also looks sort of like they are etched.
I'll make up a pair just like these if you want for $50 shipped. I could do any color including chrome.

If you want I'll post a clearer picture to show the aluminum grain.
I know you posted this a looking time ago. Any chance your still selling g the stickers? I lost an "s", but like yours MUCH better!!!
04vrodEvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement