oil line burst! - Page 4 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Mechanical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 03-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #46
00ttvr6
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
my pipe is the destroyer pipe with egt fittings.
PCV, 250 Duncrap, xr1200 h/l trim
Custom side mount plate
Muscle wheels

04 Dyna
08 Duramax
09 G8 GT
00ttvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #47
AOW
K.I.A. '07 AW

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00ttvr6 View Post
yea too bad it doesnt protect over 500 or direct contact.
think you misread my previous post... continuous protection to 500ºF and short-term exposure thru 2200ºF. That means you can put it in a 500ºF oven indefinitely and it will not fail, however, it can withstand upto 2200ºF for short term. In other words, if your bike is idling at a standstill and the exterior engine temp gets up to 2200F, it will protect the oil line for a short period of time. Of course if your exterior engine temp is getting to 2200F you have bigger problems on your hands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

embrace the "google search" function.... site:1130cc.com:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrivero
Nobody cares about your shit like you
Fuel gauge? We don't need no stinking Fuel gauge!!!
AOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #48
00ttvr6
Registered Full

I understood what you said. It sucks, but bottom line is that it touches and I cant use the pipe. Thanks for everyones help!
Custom side mount plate
Muscle wheels

04 Dyna
08 Duramax
09 G8 GT

Old 03-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #49
Cheatin
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Smash it with a BFH and clearance that bitch.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #50
00ttvr6
Registered Full

lol thats what I want to do...smash a brand new pipe.
Custom side mount plate
Muscle wheels

04 Dyna
08 Duramax
09 G8 GT
Old 03-16-2009, 03:28 PM   #51
mwdhand
Gone

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatin View Post
Smash it with a BFH and clearance that bitch.

There's more than one car header on the market that you have to lay a pipe on one of the primaries and give it a good Paulie Walnuts "crack" with a hammer to get a nice dimple in it to have it fit right. Some even come preclearanced for certain obstacles like that and the factory dimple looks like they did it with a pipe and a hammer.
Hermaphrodite 2:1 adjustable exhaust, PCIII, Works Street Trackers, Racetech fork springs and cartridge emulators, JE Illusions 300C rear fender, D headlight nacel, Joker machine mirrors, Fitzgerald 26T pulley, 260 metz, various spare parts laying around in my oil pan.
mwdhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #52
Cheatin
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdhand View Post
There's more than one car header on the market that you have to lay a pipe on one of the primaries and give it a good Paulie Walnuts "crack" with a hammer to get a nice dimple in it to have it fit right. Some even come preclearanced for certain obstacles like that and the factory dimple looks like they did it with a pipe and a hammer.
I smashed the right side header on my 64 Chevy II Nova when I did the smallblock swap. I could of bought one of those small ass, expensive high torque starters, but banging on a header tube was cheaper and didn't pinch it all that much anyways.
Advertisement