Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

12 NRS hard throttle bogging

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  kramykram 
#1 ·
I tried the search feature. I am not sure what you would call the issue. Whenever I throttle hard, I get kind of a bogging. But if I ease up on the throttle it will go with no issues. I have replaced spark plugs, not that the old ones were bad. But since I had her apart checking on things I figured why not. I cannot find any vacuum leaks. Any help or guidance would be great.

Thanks

#2 ·
Check the fuel pressure, you can borrow a gauge from most auto parts stores, it takes the same as for a Chevy. The Schrader valve is below the rear throttle body on the right side.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Ok so searched for hard acceleration bogging. A few hits. Some say a tune, some say map sensor. I am stock fully stock except the V&H exhaust it came with. I did go ahead and change the fuel pump today as well with a Quantum. But no luck. I do not have any aftermarket piggy back ecu's either. Wouldn't a bad map sensor throw a CEL

#10 ·
Since you now have the power to reduce guess work, run a log. I, we, can view it and see if all sensors are functioning within spec. Also, any cal you load will need to be dialed in, however, I've never seen any of them cause bog . If you want, send me the log to view sensors. Make about 15-30 minute log. I will pm my email.
Ron

#13 ·
I don't follow the "Power Vision is not carb" statement. Look through your past DTC's and see what comes up. As a test, unplug the MAP sensor on the airbox and start the bike just to be sure you get a reliable code for that. I chased my poor running issues for a while before finally just pulling the trigger and doing a Power Vision. Turns out the PO had had a shit tune flashed to the ECM and it just made the bike run bad in the 2000-3500range. Fuel map from Fuel Moto and runs like a whole new bike.

#17 ·
rbabos: dude I hope you never leave this forum. You are awesome.

If rbabos can’t find anything wrong with your tune then to me it sounds like a fuel issue.
How many miles do you have?
I saw a real dirty fuel filter on a rod with only 8k miles.

Did you bike run like this before the mods or after?

Have you checked the negative terminal and leads on the battery?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.