Fender Extender - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCR
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-15-2019, 12:21 PM   #1
deltaflash
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fender Extender

Anyone know where to get a fender extender or a longer fender for the front of the R?

Thanks
deltaflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #2
Knut J
VRSC est -03

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here? https://www.grcustoms.com/index.php?...y&path=143_336

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WILL RACE FOR FOOD!
Knut J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
precious
Registered Full

Ebay,got one on the Muscle,
precious is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2019, 02:43 PM   #4
deltaflash
Registered Full

Fender

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious View Post
Ebay,got one on the Muscle,
Will that fit the R model? I already bought one that was suppose to fit the R and didn't from Extenda Fenda. The R's are backwards compared to most other VROD's I think. Not sure about the Muscle.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #5
deltaflash
Registered Full

Fender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut J View Post
I don't think they build/buy anything for the VRSCR and they don't have a phone so hard to deal with.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2019, 05:38 PM   #6
dimebag
Registered Full

The seat pan is entirely different from the R to the other models. Your looking at a very custom modification. it possible but you have to find a good welder and someone who can plastic weld, fiberglass or lay carbon fiber.

I looked into something similar, having my smugglers trunk fabricated in in carbon fiber. Was quoted $5K plus they'd likely destroy the original making a the model.

Here's the frame plus the seat pan so you can see. The R already has a very long seat pan compared to the other rods out there to accommodate the longer shocks and higher ground clearance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dimebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:43 PM   #7
dimebag
Registered Full

Sorry mis-read, Front not rear.
The front is a little more common and interchangeable between the R and the other rods. The bracket that the front fender mounts at the front forks is different, being longer to accommodate the R's inverted forks but the same diamond-ish mounting system with the 4 bolt holes is the same.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:11 PM   #8
deltaflash
Registered Full

Fender

I talked to grcustomes and they don't make one for the R and Fenda Extenda's fits the front of the front fender, but not the back. Ass backwards. LOL

The R is definitely hard to shop for.

Dimebag, do you know what other models use the same front fender?

Thanks
Old 05-18-2019, 07:27 AM   #9
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaflash View Post
I talked to grcustomes and they don't make one for the R and Fenda Extenda's fits the front of the front fender, but not the back. Ass backwards. LOL

The R is definitely hard to shop for.

Dimebag, do you know what other models use the same front fender?

Thanks
Post #6 in this thread .

"Nothing is foolproof if you have a sufficiently motivated fool."

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..." She's been beat on, thrown to the ground, abused,neglected & put away dirty..... but the gas gauge works !

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more.I thought I was mellowing as I got older,turns out I just don’t give a shit.”

H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #10
dimebag
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-D Heathen View Post
Post #6 in this thread .
Exactly.

Hers a few pictures to go along with the explanation

Below is my R. There are 4 bolts that hold the fender to the bracket

This is my X, There are also 4 bolts that hold the fender to the bracket.

If you notice the bolt pattern, one side longer than the other. for the R the long side is towards the radiator facing backwards. On the X this long side is opposite facing forward.

The fenders are interchangeable by rotating each 180 degrees then aligning the bolt holes on each of the fender brackets.

what is not interchangeable are the brackets.

The R bracket is much longer and faces the front of the bike to shield road debris from the inverted forks.

The X bracket is on the inside of the forks, and much shorter.

If your looking at a custom fender check the way it mounts, some to custom ones out there integrate the bracket into the design so a integrated fender/bracket for anything other than an R will not work, but will work for most every other V-rod 07 and up.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:50 PM   #11
deltaflash
Registered Full

Fender

Thanks for the info guys. Wish I had found that thread earlier. Will have to work on my searching skills. I will continue my search and see what works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement