Repair Questions - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCD
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
LEXNIGHTROD
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Repair Questions

I have a 2007 VRSCD that I have been trying to fix after a brief run in with a truck on the highway. I have figured out what I need to get the radiator replaced, I hope, but the rear brake pedal (42704-06) was broken, and when I took it off I realized the push rod for the rear master cylinder (44571-06B) was broken. The rear brake pedal and rear master cylinder I find online are around $300 each. Which leads me to my questions.
Can I replace just the push rod for the rear master cylinder, and what would the part number be?
If I have to get the whole rear master cylinder, is it possible for me to use a different rear master cylinder?
Is there another brake pedal I can use?
LEXNIGHTROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2019, 06:05 PM   #2
coastrider
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXNIGHTROD View Post
I have a 2007 VRSCD that I have been trying to fix after a brief run in with a truck on the highway. I have figured out what I need to get the radiator replaced, I hope, but the rear brake pedal (42704-06) was broken, and when I took it off I realized the push rod for the rear master cylinder (44571-06B) was broken. The rear brake pedal and rear master cylinder I find online are around $300 each. Which leads me to my questions.
Can I replace just the push rod for the rear master cylinder, and what would the part number be?
If I have to get the whole rear master cylinder, is it possible for me to use a different rear master cylinder?
Is there another brake pedal I can use?
Pushrod is available seperately.
Part no. 42869-06A
coastrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:47 PM   #3
stevemcgov
Registered Full

I have an 06 D - Just FYI while your at it.
Common opinion is that the Rear Brake Pedal is a PIA - its sits too High. EZ to drag by accident ,hard to finesse.

One Mod is to change the way it sits on the piston rod to lower it.
I choose to buy and extra stock pedal and take to a shop to be bent down.

It is excellent now. I can ride with my Right foot in normal position
and reach down a little and get good leverage on it and control it better.
now I can really use the brakes "together"
I suggest that mod.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.....asp?make=hdmc
stevemcgov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement