Straight pipe=nuts! - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 07-20-2018, 08:41 AM   #16
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yea CycleSavage the noise would seem to go farther back with the open end cap but actually Supertrapp states that the open end cap is like adding 6 Discs which reduces backpressure and increases noise. If you haven't already you might want to install the closed end cap and check it out if its still a little too loud that might make it just right. ( If you do let everyone here know )
streetrodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #17
karlbaxter08D
Registered Full

Yup strait is crazy loud!!! I got these pipes from Arglebargle on the forum and love them! Kids dont melt their shoes on the factory slips and it doesnt sound like a tinny crotch rocket anymore.

Im pretty deaf from a wild youth but my wife says these are wicked loud and so do my riding buddies.

I think Ill order these: https://www.denniskirk.com/khrome-we...prd/H44563.sku

Then it needs to go back to the dyno for a good tune to smooth out a few dead spots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0627.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	609.6 KB
ID:	528921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0626.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	537.4 KB
ID:	528923  
karlbaxter08D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:15 PM   #18
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

Looks good Karl, I've always wanted to see two Carbon Fiber mufflers fitted to a V Rod, with the Akro it would take an adapter from one pipe to 2 but with yours - maybe just an upward bend staggered between those two pipes and VOILA instant super cool looking and sounding system, back mount strap them to the footpeg bracket like stock - Just Sayin' - ( maybe after your drag pipe baffle install ? : )

Old 12-04-2018, 11:03 AM   #19
st50pan
Registered Full

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Straight Rhineharts, no baffles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	600.8 KB
ID:	530745
st50pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:59 PM   #20
vrodrunt
Registered Full

I have 2 1/4" slip-on slash cut open pipes behind the stock head pipes. Used an old skool drag pipe trick of welding a big flat washer on the head of a 5/16" bolt and putting the bolt/washer 1 1/2" from the end of the pipe. The washer can be turned to dial in back pressure and sound level.
I have mine turned 1/3 from edge on. Takes the snap out of the exhaust note and the seat of the pants dyno says it pulls just as hard. Not to mention the pipes are Kool!
vrodrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:08 PM   #21
RoddyDucati
Registered Full

you know, whether you have a quiet or loud bike you should wear ear plugs when riding, I wish I had worn them every time from the very beginning. that wind noise is murder on your ears! one thing is for sure the revo seems to hate backpressure and the revo without (and sometimes with) a muffler is hellaciously LOUD! I had a cfr on mine until last season and im not sure if it could have been any louder but damn it sounded badass! Now that my V-rod is going to primarily a drag bike im installing an open 2 -1 race pipe, I know street use will be very limited, and if my nabors didn't already hate me im sure they will now ! lol
RoddyDucati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:58 PM   #22
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

Call it the Neighbor Hater pipe ! Crap sorry that ones taken -
Old 01-22-2019, 03:31 AM   #23
ScreaminAndy
Warming sceptic

Depends too if you just want loud or a more tuneful sound from your exhaust. Most extra loud one's have little quality to the noise they put out, it's just a racket really. Each to their own :-)
Old 01-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #24
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

I ditched the SuperTrapp 4" weld on plan on my Bub 7 2-1 but with my new S.S. BMW 4" automotive carbon fiber covered resonator with 3 1/4 inch I.D. it's still a straight thru pipe but noise and higher frequencies are dampened down, with much better overall cadence - don't need to short shift it to keep the noise down, still not a purring sound like my Triumph 3 Cylinder but it's not meant to be. Every M/C engine configuration is a little different, all can be obnoxiously loud if desired but why ? Make Music not Noise.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:18 PM   #25
CVO1
"Grab your ankles"

Where does the short, slash-cut tip come from? Every Akrapovic Muscle set-up I've seen, has come with the big, clunky sportbike-type canister. The short tip looks killer!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CVO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:23 PM   #26
kntdrv
Registered Full

My '13 NRS came with V&H Black Widow slip-ons when I picked it up.
They sounded OK but I hated how long they were. Ended up taking them off and selling them after finding a BNIB CFR for cheap.
The CFR makes my VROD sound deep and throaty but man is it LOUD when the throttle is cranked. Good thing I wear a FF helmet and ear plugs.
The big bonus is my wife can hear me coming blocks away and hits the garage remote for me....
CFR Pipe
Drag bars

joi gin
kntdrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:35 PM   #27
Dragonx
Registered Full

Hey Ringo, I love the look of those pipes. Who makes them? Thanks!
Dragonx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #28
Knut J
VRSC est -03

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonx View Post
Hey Ringo, I love the look of those pipes. Who makes them? Thanks!
Toxic. Out of business...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WILL RACE FOR FOOD!
Knut J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement