2-1 Vance Hines or 2-1 Akrapovic? - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General > Exhaust
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-15-2018, 10:41 PM   #1
yanlauris
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2-1 Vance Hines or 2-1 Akrapovic?

Hi folks
I have a vrod 2014 and I'm using power vision + KN filters, and I'm in doubt on the choice of exhaust.
2-1 Vance Hines or 2-1 Akrapovic? What should you expect from each? And I'm wanting to put TARGET TUNE FULL KIT ...

2-1 Vance Hines It's easy to burn your leg, and it makes a lot of noise, but it's the one that has the most HP gain.

2-1 Akrapovic the sound is not so cool, but is lighter and gets better on the bike, and has the highest torque gain.

thanks guys
yanlauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
s8spony
Registered Full

I can't speak to the V&H, but I'm loving Akrapovic:
1. It's crazy light, titanium and Stainless
2. It looks awesome
3. You can download the correct map from Akrapovic website
4. I have the quiet insert because I take long rides, it's a three-screw swap-out if I ever need to go back
5. If you read here, many (not all) people who have had a VH will move to Akra, I don't think I've found anyone dissatisfied with Akra.. (is there?)
s8spony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #3
Knut J
VRSC est -03

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
6. The fit.
Downside: the quiet insert will rob you for 8hp (like all quiet inserts).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WILL RACE FOR FOOD!
Knut J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:50 PM   #4
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

I've always wondered - if you replace the stock Akrapovic muffler with a much longer like 16"- 20" 2.5+ " I.D. louvered or perforated core muffler will you gain Hp ? The stock Akra muffler looks very restrictive ( as per their website not a great Hp gain ) and with a quiet baffle probably makes less Hp than the stock H-D 2-1-2 setup ! So keep the beautiful head pipes, collector pipe and add a good looking straight thru longer muffler - I did this with my Bub 7 and the power is absolutely there without the excessive noise, no butt plug, restrictive quiet baffle needed. Anyone tried this setup ?
streetrodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:31 PM   #5
yanlauris
Registered Full

Vh 2-2

I'm currently using a slip on VH 2-2, I love the sound, but the HP's to be desired ...
Will I have a lot of difference for 2-1?
yanlauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:56 AM   #6
DannyCoolBeans
Registered Full

Akra pipes with alil boom boom 😁 . It’s killer bro
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	99B70BD3-B9FA-42D0-9B79-96D5E3610B94_1545051362219.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	547.4 KB
ID:	530835  
DannyCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:56 AM   #7
Remedy
Registered Full

Garage
That exhaust system looks abused to me
Remedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:22 AM   #8
CVO1
"Grab your ankles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
That exhaust system looks abused to me
Abused?

Obviously appearance is subjective, but I love the look of his Akra with the shorter tip on it. The long, stock, canister tip looks like something that was stolen from a sportbike.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CVO1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:27 PM   #9
MyBlkdRod11
Registered Full

You kidding? Akra doesn’t sounds as good? I’ve gotten so much praise for how the Akra sounds signature by other V owners including couple of guys with a V&H and Fitz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MyBlkdRod11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:47 PM   #10
DJMurphy
Registered Full

That shorty akra has to be obnoxious as hell. My neighbours would beat the shit out of me for that.
DJMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:01 AM   #11
Itspablo
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyCoolBeans View Post
Akra pipes with alil boom boom 😁 . It’s killer bro
where did you get the tip from mate?
Itspablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:43 AM   #12
SONNY D
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Akrapovic vs V&H

im another convert to an Akrapovic pipe over a comp series V&H 2-1. i bought the bike with the V&H system on the bike and i wasnt a fan from day 1. i forgot to put in my ear plugs when i picked up the bike and had to pull up 5 mins later to put them in even tho it was only a 45 min ride home....obnoxious is a word that comes to mind. dont get me wrong the bike went fine (apart from the constant decel popping)
but the volume of noise killed it for me. dont get me started with the right side cornering issues. needless to say it was only a matter of time before i replaced it. along comes the Akro much more user friendly i can lean into a corner without scapping the guts out of the muffler and as far as power goes im sure the V&H makes a few HP more than the Akro but to me its worth the trade off. if i was taking the bike on regular trips to the strip i think the V&H would be the obvious choice but as for road use i dont think you can compare the two systems...its Akrapovic all the way. just my 2c.
cheers Sonny
SONNY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement