Hot Dogs, Get Yer Hot Dogs! - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-01-2006, 08:06 AM   #1
SKIROD
MASTER VR TECH

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hot Dogs, Get Yer Hot Dogs!

This has been a Big disscussion on the Forums for a bit. What's up with this? Our Shop gives no Free food. Wish they did. My last Shop did do free Burgers on Saturday. I should get in on this. I make the best Ski Burger around! How is that Cheatin? Later Ski.
SKIROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
VRODpgs
Registered Full

Ski:
Not sure where this thread was going about free food. But most Harley shop offer free coffee and donuts/cookies here in northern PA.
VRODpgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:36 AM   #3
agtorange
Registered Full

We get Brats on occasion at Andy's HD in Grand Forks, ND.....That's about all they are good for though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
agtorange is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2006, 08:43 AM   #4
Troy
Rallycaust Survivor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Shops around here have weekend cookouts in the parking lot quite often in the summer months. They also set up local live bands to play, much the same way Gail's HD did for us up at the KC rally. But around here at these functions, I generally get on the throttle as I pass by showing everyone the middle finger.
Founding Member of Safety Meeting's Anonymous
Always wash your hands before handling your Ham!!
Everyday above dirt is a RALLY!!
"Angry Rotten Bastard" - Wingnut
Don't get Shitty!

Stay Thirsty My Friends!!
Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #5
sammy
# 12/50 Ignite LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIROD
This has been a Big disscussion on the Forums for a bit. What's up with this? Our Shop gives no Free food. Wish they did. My last Shop did do free Burgers on Saturday. I should get in on this. I make the best Ski Burger around! How is that Cheatin? Later Ski.
Wow!!!!!! Let's see.........No free food.............paint sets going for over $1500 more than the competition..........my H-D stealer is looking better and better!!

Don't be scared. We haven't lost tradition...... we've gained technology!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 VRSCA
Two-tone Smokey Gold with Vivid Black
SE 16G Double Barrel Exhaust
SE Airfilter
97% Pure Harley Davidson
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #6
Hawkmann
American Rice

Nothing more than a free at our stealers in the Okanagan.
Hawkmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #7
DungeonWorks
20 Eyes in my Head

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy
Shops around here have weekend cookouts in the parking lot quite often in the summer months. They also set up local live bands to play, much the same way Gail's HD did for us up at the KC rally. But around here at these functions, I generally get on the throttle as I pass by showing everyone the middle finger.
We get this too. Even the local independant shops get in on them as well as the local car dealerships. Actually, I like the idea. It draws me in sometimes as I am a sucker for FREE FOOD!!! Sometimes, I even buy something small on impulse. Shiawassee Harley (Now known as Birch Run Harley) had that going on when I decided that was the dealership I was gonna buy my bike from, and the service I got from my salesman insures my future business with them. In otherwords, they are a cut above the other dealers I been to in my area. I like them and they are the exception to the "Stealership" tag many dealers get.

...but, don't rev and flip the bird though as I like that dealership.
DungeonWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #8
Shawn Nelson
Metal Guitarist

I like to go and look at the bikes and listen to the bands at those gatherings, i never buy anything.
Shawn Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
Rich Moran
Riding the good life

Hahaha, SKi, quite awhile back in a thread, I pointed out that it seemed the dealerships were using hotdogs as a phallic symbol for jamming customers in a screwing as being able to overcharge for stuff they sell and do.

Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular on the mainland, but here, there is a Master Distributor for HD, and at times, he charges his distributors MSRP for parts he sells them, and then they have to take their markup above the MSRP to stay in biz.

I caught them red handed at it, when i had to do an oil tank upgrade on my 89 Sportster.

I callled MoCo in Wisc. to figure out what the story was, cause the 89 Evo Sporty vibrated so much, I was replacing the OEM 1st issue PN every 4 to 6 months.

After doing 3 of these repairs, and frustrated that the dealers parts people could not advise what to do and not advise the unpgrade kit number, I did what I had done as a service manager back many years ago. I called MoCo mother ship, got the straight scoop, and I asked what the MSRP for the kit was.

When it was ordered and arrvied, they charged me 40% over MSRP with freight added, and I was advised by the parts person I had ordered the kit through how the program MD program worked with them.

MSRP provides the dealership network with a margin to live on, and not rape their customers. So after the raping I got, the free dogs signified a phallic symbol and the screwing they give their customers here, and I ran with the thought pattern.

Since then, I try not to buy anything from these people, because the fact remains that if MoCo allows this system to remain, I feel they are in it to their elbows as well.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #10
Rich Moran
Riding the good life

Here ya go, another overcharge and a free dog, don't that make your customers feel better?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	efteling31.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	39962  
Old 01-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #11
Bulkman
Chuck

The dealers in my area all offer something. Coffee & cookies, or coffee & hot dogs, and one of the biggest in the area has a whole park setup with a pavilion for cookouts, bands, etc...in the summer. It sets alongside a lake so it is very peaceful & relaxing. Pretty cool. http://www.stpaulhd.com/aboutus.asp
(3.4 gal. usable
)
---------------------------------
1130cc of liquid cooled, fuel injected, V-twin perfection.

'04 A, Smokey Gold / Black - Force turnouts - DFO - K&N - Topless - Cheatin-mod drag bars (internal wirin') - 200 Metz - skulls everywhere
Bulkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 05:25 PM   #12
Red-Rod
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIROD
Actually they do give out free hotdogs, cokes and chips at the dealership where SKI works. We have a signal set up so when SKI comes out we close everything up and hide until he goes back into the shop.

Winner of the Key West Fantasy Fest Biggest VROD Competition.
Life time member of the Florida Drunk Drivers Association
2005 Quickest Stock VROD ¼ Mile
First Place Winner of the Kelly’s Pub Beer Recycling Contest
Red-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:12 PM   #13
DiveHog
Deputy Rally Rouser

Oh my God! Has anyone seen Cheatin' lately!? He hasn't jumped on this thread yet! I'M REALLY WORRIED ABOUT HIM!!!

DiveHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #14
vrod2004
loud obnoxious vrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Moran
Hahaha, SKi, quite awhile back in a thread, I pointed out that it seemed the dealerships were using hotdogs as a phallic symbol for jamming customers in a screwing as being able to overcharge for stuff they sell and do.

Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular on the mainland, but here, there is a Master Distributor for HD, and at times, he charges his distributors MSRP for parts he sells them, and then they have to take their markup above the MSRP to stay in biz.

I caught them red handed at it, when i had to do an oil tank upgrade on my 89 Sportster.

I callled MoCo in Wisc. to figure out what the story was, cause the 89 Evo Sporty vibrated so much, I was replacing the OEM 1st issue PN every 4 to 6 months.

After doing 3 of these repairs, and frustrated that the dealers parts people could not advise what to do and not advise the unpgrade kit number, I did what I had done as a service manager back many years ago. I called MoCo mother ship, got the straight scoop, and I asked what the MSRP for the kit was.

When it was ordered and arrvied, they charged me 40% over MSRP with freight added, and I was advised by the parts person I had ordered the kit through how the program MD program worked with them.

MSRP provides the dealership network with a margin to live on, and not rape their customers. So after the raping I got, the free dogs signified a phallic symbol and the screwing they give their customers here, and I ran with the thought pattern.

Since then, I try not to buy anything from these people, because the fact remains that if MoCo allows this system to remain, I feel they are in it to their elbows as well.
AFTER MY LAST EXPERIENCE WITH BEING CHARGED EXTRA FOR PUTTING A NEW TIRE ON WHEN THE RIMS WERE BEING CHANGED OUT, AND THE TIRES HAD TO COME OFF ANYWAY AND EXTRA LABOR FOR BRAKE PADS AS WELL, LETS SEE 8.5HRS CHARGED, 6HRS ACTUALL TIME HMM! WELL LETS JUST SAY I HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER THAT WORKS FOR FOX NEWS,I MAY REQUEST SHE MAKES A PHONE CALL TO HARLEY HQ.
vrod2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #15
VotROD
On Eagles Wings!

this summer at my dads dealership winchester VA. had there annual open house gave out sausage dogs and burgers and bottled water all ya wanted also live rock band too.

VotROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement