Reading codes - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Technical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-24-2006, 04:31 PM   #16
RiceRoastinRod
Shittin' Hondas...

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can somebody post a list of the codes, pleeeease?
RiceRoastinRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2006, 04:43 PM   #17
rjrivero
Friend of Max.

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Already done.......Click here.
What you have just read is my opinion. I assume no responsibility for anyone applying my opinions to their own VRSC motorcycle, much less their own lives. Do not duplicate these stunts. They are preformed for you by trained monkeys. There is nothing professional in what you have just read.

V-Rod Editor American Iron Magazine

I will no longer be recieving PM's. Please contact me via the email option. Thanks.

RJ
rjrivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:30 AM   #18
Ropp77
06 Night Rod

This thread just probably saved me 100 plus dollars. I was checking some connections under the air box, then put everything back together. I stated the bike and the check engine light came on. I did a quick lookover of the bike and noticed that I forgot to put the air sensor back together. So I put the sensor in and again started the bike, check engine light still came on. Well I ran it through the check code process, found the code was indeed from the air sensor, cleared the code, and the bike is back to perfect. Thanks Max, the check is in the mail.

Ropp77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2006, 09:03 PM   #19
Bionic Bob
Registered Full

Max my man, Have an '04 VRSCA and set of shop manuals. Also have the rear ts/ run/stop module and the new LED lite. The ts have been acting flaky so I used your info to obtain DTC's as you described. The "P" flashed,I got a code - 32513-04. Can't find it in the manual.......What is it, my man?? Bionic Bob
Bionic Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #20
NightMare
Part-time mod

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I was a victim of the dreaded P0113 myself. Thanks Max! Thanks to everyone else! You guys make life SOOO much easier! Thanks!
Cygnus - 2013 R1200GSW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NM's NRs Did the Dragon in the Dark!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RIP Jeannie
Ride Free, Alex
NightMare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:34 PM   #21
HOG ROD
I used 2 B Disturbed

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
A couple of weeks ago my engine light would come back on for a few seconds after the engine would start. As per Max's instructions, I checked for codes. I found the code was P0113. (IAT sensor open/high) It seemed that it was historic since it cleared and didn't re-appear after starting the bike.

I guess I'm in the clear here? Only started doing this a couple of weeks ago so that's a historic code and I really have no real problems?
HOG ROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:37 PM   #22
NightRod ELPASO
Not in EP anymore

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed
A couple of weeks ago my engine light would come back on for a few seconds after the engine would start. As per Max's instructions, I checked for codes. I found the code was P0113. (IAT sensor open/high) It seemed that it was historic since it cleared and didn't re-appear after starting the bike.

I guess I'm in the clear here? Only started doing this a couple of weeks ago so that's a historic code and I really have no real problems?
Just check under the hood to ensure your sensor is seated properly. You should be good though, mine used to come on then go off and occasionally come back on again. It ended up being the sensor

Have fun and keep it shinny side up
NightRod ELPASO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:20 PM   #23
HOG ROD
I used 2 B Disturbed

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
So a historic code is no big deal? Meaning no real problem.

Current code means you have a real issue requiring attention?

Is this thinking correct?

Thanks
HOG ROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #24
centralozzy
Keep up Man! Geez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRod ELPASO
Thanks for posting the codes and how to check/clear them. I had a P0113, ends up the metal clip holding the sensor on came off and the connection worked it's way out. About a 5 second fix, H-D would have probably charged me about $100.
Thanks Max.
I too had the dreaded P0113!

As I missed this thread I took it to the dealer & they fixed it Gratis.

Ya gotta win sometimes right?
Black 06 VRSCR, Topless, H-D Sundowner seats, saddlebags, sissy bar/pad & VRSCX Fly-Screen, K&N Filter, Gil's Box, Stainless fuel cell cover, radiator screens, numberplate bracket from Eurocomponents, rear indicators from J&P Cycles, Powder coated mirrors, levers, front pulley cover & rims & on it goes.

Personal, guided tours on H-D's in Central Oz
centralozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:43 PM   #25
rider4life
RIDER4LIFE

thanks will try to reset codes appreciat the help another fine display of vrodders
rider4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:10 PM   #26
VRay-PDX

The Fountian of Truth...

Knowledge is Power...

I was riding carefree in Eastern Oregon high desert, turning juniper trees along the long straight stretches into a blur when the motor started to stumble and miss a bit... The bike struggled along, loosing it's power...

...even under throtle it bucked and missed, so I checked what I then knew to check and limped the last hundred miles home, freaked I'd see a rod wrapped around my boot or something... Nothing I could do, limped home...

...called a non-dealer to do the 5000 mile service and "tune" it... Plugs, oil, K&N air filter and diagonistics, which I figured would catch the glitch... Bought it a month a go, had just over 2K on it, has now 4800 and is in the shop... On the advise of the first service that swapped out the essentials was to replace the IAT sensor, which they said was the code that poped up...

...I can't go back and use the fantastic information and helpful info on calling up codes and the like, but I'd be ****ing stupid not to say "Extreme Thanks!" for this resource, which is amazing... I'm going to enjoy this Vrod when Latus Motors goes over it, and while I'm sure it will be a "pound and a half" of flesh, this bike is exactly my vision of a bike with attitude and style... It doesn't need much to make it one of the most thrilling rides I can imagine, and I thank the international collaboration and forward thinking people who made this bike a reality.

Long long ago I owned a shiny silver Honda CBX, with a nice wide black factory stripe down the center of the tank, pinstripped with a fine line... ...ok, ok, it was tape with a clear coat, but anyway... Six into 2, pull out the factory baffles and in a straight line that bike made my eyelids turn inside out... I haven't grinned like lately since then, and it is great for a 58 year old/young fart like me... I've always ridden alone (hondas and all that) but it sure is fun riding such a responsive machine as is the Vrod... That cbx was about 1050cc and like riding a big garbage can turned sideways, with six wicked chrome fangs and "wee headlight"...

I got older, fatter, and for me this Vrod touches the smiles and grins I've always considered part of my life... Riding 30 years this bike makes it fun again to blast here, go there, visit mom... ...I'm a good guy again because of this thang... I've always enjoyed custom bikes, harley fatboys, but this dusky gold and black bike changes everything!!! WhaaHooo!!!

...and now I can call up codes and keep a better track of how the bike is doing, and for that??? "priceless?" ...flat amazing... Thanks again...
VRay-PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:14 AM   #27
Bendvrod
Registered Full

Code meaning

Great tip. Tomorrow, June 8th, I p/u a V-Rop yea! 2002 and real nice. Knowing codes can be a life saver on a long trip. What is a code way to receive a listing of the codes and their meaning??
Bendvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #28
stever975
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendvrod
Great tip. Tomorrow, June 8th, I p/u a V-Rop yea! 2002 and real nice. Knowing codes can be a life saver on a long trip. What is a code way to receive a listing of the codes and their meaning??
I think this is what you're looking for: https://www.1130cc.com/?page=codes
stever975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #29
jbone2674
JBone

P1004 Code

Changed the oil and washed the bike yesterday. Started getting engine check light for about 10 seconds after start up and then it would go away. Checked the codes as per forum instructions and got the following....

21 P1004 Current System relay contacts closed 4.14 SYSTEM RELAY CHECK

Cleared and restarted bike and no more code! Will see if this returns....

Anyone else have this code or know exactly which relay it is referring to?

Thanks again to ALL forum members for sharing valuable knowledge and experiences....

'07 Nightrod
Chrome package
Sundowner seat
Reduced Reach Bars
Mid controls with front shifter
Memphis Shade Hell Cat shield
VMOD stock pipes
PCIII
K&N Filter
Top ON
More stuff to come...
jbone2674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:39 PM   #30
Max
Color me Gone

Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone2674
Changed the oil and washed the bike yesterday. Started getting engine check light for about 10 seconds after start up and then it would go away. Checked the codes as per forum instructions and got the following....

21 P1004 Current System relay contacts closed 4.14 SYSTEM RELAY CHECK

Cleared and restarted bike and no more code! Will see if this returns....

Anyone else have this code or know exactly which relay it is referring to?

Thanks again to ALL forum members for sharing valuable knowledge and experiences....
Most likely you got water in a harness or the cluster. When the light came on and went off after a few seconds that tells you it was already a history code at the time. I wouldn't be concerned but I would take care not to spray the cluster direct and try to keep water out of engine electronics.

The road of life sometimes seems full of potholes. RIP Jeannie, Alex and Brian. I'll never forget any of you.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement