Codes - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Technical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #31
tyrone

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I checked and i have:
22 P1009 Current Incorrect password 4.30 DTC P1 009, P1010

any idea what this is? I reset the code and the check engine light still comes on when i start the bike. Then it goes away after 3 seconds.
tyrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #32
rjrivero
Friend of Max.

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
What year is your bike? You may want to try to disconnect your TSSM (Module under the seat) and reconnect. In 2002, sometimes the TSSM gets "locked up" according to Max and needs to be reset, similar to a re-boot for you're PC.

The ECM and PC talk to eachother to make the bike run correctly.

RJR
What you have just read is my opinion. I assume no responsibility for anyone applying my opinions to their own VRSC motorcycle, much less their own lives. Do not duplicate these stunts. They are preformed for you by trained monkeys. There is nothing professional in what you have just read.

V-Rod Editor American Iron Magazine

I will no longer be recieving PM's. Please contact me via the email option. Thanks.

RJ
rjrivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #33
tyrone

its an 04 vrscb... Well i re-read the codes and it says none?! im confused!! as long as it runs fine i'll just leave it then..
tyrone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2006, 01:49 PM   #34
rjrivero
Friend of Max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrone
its an 04 vrscb... Well i re-read the codes and it says none?! im confused!! as long as it runs fine i'll just leave it then..
You likely cleared the code. If it is historic (old code) it may never come back. Make sure you keep the battery topped off. Keep us updated if this comes back. If the bike runs fine, I say just keep on keeping on.
What you have just read is my opinion. I assume no responsibility for anyone applying my opinions to their own VRSC motorcycle, much less their own lives. Do not duplicate these stunts. They are preformed for you by trained monkeys. There is nothing professional in what you have just read.

I will no longer be recieving PM's. Please contact me via the email option. Thanks.

RJ
Old 07-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #35
Sqrly2u

I'm getting the b1005 code coming up on the diagnostics. It's spitting oil from the breather tube and the plugs are fouled. Just started today not running right. Any and all comments are a GREAT help!!!!!!!!
Sqrly2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:43 PM   #36
unloveable85

sorry to tag on a problem but i have a code that is b1154. does anyone know what that mean
unloveable85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:32 AM   #37
Heat

I also have a b1154, does anyone have a clue on this one.
Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #38
rjrivero
Friend of Max.

B115X applies to SIDECAR Touring Models. It has no meaning to the VRSC line of bikes and is probably a phantom code. Fully charge your battery (on a battery tender) clear your codes, and check your positive, negative and ground wires to make sure everything is tight. See if that code comes back.

B1005---Did you get any resolution with this?

I reccommend if you have issues or questions about codes to start a new thread. That is the best way to get maximum exposure and help.

RJ

RJ
Old 04-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #39
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrivero
B115X applies to SIDECAR Touring Models. It has no meaning to the VRSC line of bikes and is probably a phantom code.
B1153 (not the same as B1154) is related to the Bank Angle Sensor (tip-over sensor inside the Turn Signal Module TSM/TSSM). The B1154 is not in my 2003 manual but may be new for a newer model VRSC, and may be also related to the tip-over sensor.

The reason B1153 is related to the sidecar touring models is because the tip-over sensor has to be reduced in sensitivity for sidecars. That's because it tends to think the bike is tipping over while turing sharp in a corner because there are sideways G forces on sidecars but not on 2-wheeled bikes.

The sensor detects sideways G forces and is used to shut the motor down if the bike tips over. It is also used for the alarm system to detect jiggling or tilting of the bike. And if your bike is programmed accordingly, I think the sensor is also used to turn off the turn signals when completing a turn.

If you've dropped the bike while the motor was running, you might see one of these codes. In that case just clear it and all should be good. If not, then do what RJ said. Also, since the code isn't one of those listed in the manual, please check that you read it correctly.

Going where no Harley has gone before!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:00 PM   #40
rjrivero
Friend of Max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild
B1153 (not the same as B1154) is related to the Bank Angle Sensor (tip-over sensor inside the Turn Signal Module TSM/TSSM). The B1154 is not in my 2003 manual but may be new for a newer model VRSC, and may be also related to the tip-over sensor.

The reason B1153 is related to the sidecar touring models is because the tip-over sensor has to be reduced in sensitivity for sidecars. That's because it tends to think the bike is tipping over while turing sharp in a corner because there are sideways G forces on sidecars but not on 2-wheeled bikes.

The sensor detects sideways G forces and is used to shut the motor down if the bike tips over. It is also used for the alarm system to detect jiggling or tilting of the bike. And if your bike is programmed for accordingly, I think the sensor is also used to turn off the turn signals when completing a turn.

If you've dropped the bike while the motor was running, you might see one of these codes. In that case just clear it and all should be good. If not, then do what RJ said. Also, since the code isn't one of those listed in the manual, please check that you read it correctly.
Thanks Scott. I appreciate that clarification. FWIW the 2006 Electric Diagnostic Manual doesn't mention any of the Bank Angle sensor info, only that it is used for sidecars. Thanks again!!

RJ
Old 08-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #41
oddi
Registered Full

Can anyone tell me how to fix that, I get this code on my '05 vrscb
"P1353 Current Front cylinder no combustion 4.19 COMBUSTION ABSENT/INTERMITTENT"
oddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #42
Max
Color me Gone

Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddi
Can anyone tell me how to fix that, I get this code on my '05 vrscb
"P1353 Current Front cylinder no combustion 4.19 COMBUSTION ABSENT/INTERMITTENT"
Most likely you have a failing coil or a spring not making good contact on the front cylinder. Does the bike miss from time to time?

The road of life sometimes seems full of potholes. RIP Jeannie, Alex and Brian. I'll never forget any of you.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:44 PM   #43
oddi
Registered Full

Yes sometimes it is great and sometimes it misses and backfires, how can i check if it is the coil or something else
oddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #44
rjrivero
Friend of Max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddi
Yes sometimes it is great and sometimes it misses and backfires, how can i check if it is the coil or something else
Pull the coil and take a look at it. You'll want to pull the plug and inspect the electrode as well as double check your gap. When you go to remove the coil, you will know if you have to tug it firmly (normal) or it just comes right off the plug (too loose). The biggest problem I've seen is that the spring that goes around the head of the sparkplug doesn't make good contact. You can sometimes get away with GENTLY streaching the spring with a pair of pliers to make better contact with the spark plug.

Hope this helps.

RJ

RJ
Old 08-14-2007, 10:27 PM   #45
street rodder
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I have an 06 SR. Do you guys know what b1005 historic fuel sender open / high means? My second day at Sturgis the bike started running rough at 4000 rpm and below, the eng. diag light goes out on start then comes back on for a few seconds then goes back out. Idols fine but cuts out and misses on low speed and decel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Handy with the V Rod
street rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement