What did you do to your V-Rod today - Page 518 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 08-14-2018, 01:07 PM   #7756
VDube
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Installed a Daymaker LED light yesterday. Took it out riding last night and it lit up the whole road perfectly!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180813_200839.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	529291  
VDube is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2018, 04:20 PM   #7757
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobyvic View Post
What went bad? Ticker?
Upper GI bleed, food poisoning, dehydration and fell 8 times before finally calling squad. Admitted that I already had a heart murmur,which caused them to do an ultrasound on heart.They ran a tube down throat,found two small ulcers that had been bleeding but were not currently doing so.

Follow ups with the appropriate professionals are scheduled.

"Nothing is foolproof if you have a sufficiently motivated fool."

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..." She's been beat on, thrown to the ground, abused,neglected & put away dirty..... but the gas gauge works !

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more.I thought I was mellowing as I got older,turns out I just don’t give a shit.”

H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #7758
Tie_One_On
Tie One On

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-D Heathen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobyvic View Post
What went bad? Ticker?
Upper GI bleed, food poisoning, dehydration and fell 8 times before finally calling squad. Admitted that I already had a heart murmur,which caused them to do an ultrasound on heart.They ran a tube down throat,found two small ulcers that had been bleeding but were not currently doing so.

Sounds like u need to both change your diet and your stress input

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 street rod SuperCharged (and proud of it)
'46 Norton 16H w/SideCar
Tie_One_On is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2018, 07:13 AM   #7759
Daniii
Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr View Post

The passenger foot rests on your bike, which ones are those? I've been searching around for better options for my wife's feet.
Kuryakin boards:

It also has passenger mounts that are no longer available that are vertical instead of rearset like stock. The combo prevents installing either 5 gallon gas tank.

This is as amusing as watching chimps in a zoo, only without having to dodge flung poo. (Coonass)
Daniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:33 AM   #7760
Hacker-Pschorr
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniii View Post
Kuryakin boards:

It also has passenger mounts that are no longer available that are vertical instead of rearset like stock. The combo prevents installing either 5 gallon gas tank.
Cool, thank you. Frustrating these prevent the installation of the larger tank, that was on my to-do list. I guess I need to investigate that a bit further.

It looks like these mounts will accomplish a similar install to lower / move forward the boards:

https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/58...ckable-offsets
Hacker-Pschorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:50 AM   #7761
-alan-
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-D Heathen View Post

Sorry to hear all that HDH. Glad to hear you made it through the worst of it - and are in the hands of the pros. All too easy to focus more on the 2 and 4 wheeled hardware assets than the 2 legged organic ones in the house.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:42 AM   #7762
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

Live to Ride, Ride to Live -

Getting old sucks H.D.H. but yea, we gotta take care of ourselves to keep on riding ! My very good friend of 25 years died the other day after fainting and falling over backwards at home and crushing his skull while waiting for more testing to be scheduled on his heart for low blood pressure. Be VERY careful if you are falling down !
Anyway I gave my R model a well deserved toothbrush every nook and cranny bath after returning from the N. Georgia & TN. mountains where I flogged her relentlessly thru 560 + miles probably 19,273 curves. I apologized to her for such a vigorous go at it and thanked her for being 100% reliable. After the wash I think I heard her say quietly " No problem, I loved every mile of it !, just look at my new reduced to 1/8 " rear tire chicken strips ! Lets do it again next spring !! " I LOVE my V Rod R Model, She's a KEEPER !!
streetrodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #7763
Hacker-Pschorr
Lifetime Premium

Not the worst clutch I've ever bleed....

I'm so glad H-D was able to save 4 cents on every V-Rod by excluding the bleed nipple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bleed.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	336.4 KB
ID:	529455  
Hacker-Pschorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:10 PM   #7764
Pr0jekt
Registered Full

Installed my oberon adjustable levers... of course I broke the clutch safety switch so now I throw a security code haha. Picked up a new switch, sucks it has to be wired in and doesn't have plug and play but oh well, I'll fix it eventually.

Love the levers so far with the little riding I did today.
Pr0jekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:10 PM   #7765
Pr0jekt
Registered Full

Edit: double post.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:32 PM   #7766
Jay F
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0jekt View Post
Installed my oberon adjustable levers... of course I broke the clutch safety switch so now I throw a security code haha. Picked up a new switch, sucks it has to be wired in and doesn't have plug and play but oh well, I'll fix it eventually.

Love the levers so far with the little riding I did today.
Pics?
Jay F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:33 PM   #7767
rbabos
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr View Post
Not the worst clutch I've ever bleed....

I'm so glad H-D was able to save 4 cents on every V-Rod by excluding the bleed nipple.
Later models do have a bleed nipple, likely because the service techs bitched about it. While they added that, they took away the crank locking hole in the case and the plugs in the heads to be able to sync the throttle bodies. I did add the sync ports on my 13 and have used them but could care less about the crank lock pin area as that's really not needed. Yup, if they can find a way to save a nickle, they will try it.
Ron
rbabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:19 PM   #7768
Pr0jekt
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Pics?
I'll try and take some this weekend, I only have a picture before I installed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnEnkvWDgV9/
Old 08-30-2018, 09:47 PM   #7769
alestex
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDube View Post
Installed a Daymaker LED light yesterday. Took it out riding last night and it lit up the whole road perfectly!
Very nice. Is that an HD headlight or aftermarket?
Old 09-03-2018, 03:18 PM   #7770
-alan-
Registered Full

Took the top of the airbox cover off..just ..because. Y'know - it does actually give the old girl a bit of a nice growl above about 3-4k

I'll have to go and search the forum now to see how much extra torque/power that''s likely to have netted me..just on the off-chance that its been tried before.
Advertisement