Running lean. - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Technical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #1
AL3030
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Running lean.

I’ve got a 2014 muscle that has ran lean since I got it.( Now still only have 3800 miles on it) but it is now getting worse. Stalled out yesterday right after start up and continues to chuff at low RPM in town. No engine light. Could intake air temp sensor be acting up and not be throwing a trouble code? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks
AL3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2019, 01:47 PM   #2
JJrod
Registered Full

Welcome to the forum.
These bike are lean from the get go. A tuning device and dynotune would help with that. Especially if you have any mods to exhaust or intake.
How low of a RPM in town are you talking about?
These bikes are made for RPM's not like the typical Air Cooled Harley.
JJrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:39 PM   #3
rbabos
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL3030 View Post
I’ve got a 2014 muscle that has ran lean since I got it.( Now still only have 3800 miles on it) but it is now getting worse. Stalled out yesterday right after start up and continues to chuff at low RPM in town. No engine light. Could intake air temp sensor be acting up and not be throwing a trouble code? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks
I doubt the IAT is acting up but it's possible the ambient temps have been warmer and you notice it more. This will lean it some as part of the IAT function. Best thing to do is tune it. Night and day difference between an EPA tune and fueling the engine actually likes. Done right it will run smooth everywhere, stay running on the first start attempt, cooler idle and less fan on and off cycles. Be warned though, there are many bad tuners (people) out there willing to take your money but not deliver a great tune. Choose wisely.
Ron
rbabos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2019, 07:06 PM   #4
deltaflash
Registered Full

Fuel Controller

You can probably just add a fuel controller and solve your problems. I did and many others have also. There are many brands out there that work great from what I have read on this forum. I have an EJK that has worked flawlessly for me for a few years now. Good luck to you.
deltaflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement