Danmoto Exhaust: Anyone who bought them still happy? - Page 4 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 04-29-2017, 07:17 AM   #46
Moler
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'll look tonight, but I should have a couple maps for Danmoto. They were for my micro tuner but are pcV maps... I might have one stored on my power vision as well...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Moler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2017, 07:22 AM   #47
Moler
Registered Full

I also find what the shop told you very odd... I'm so glad I went with the auto tuner... what did the shop charge you if you don't mind saying.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #48
storx
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They said they was embarrassed, so they charged me nothing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
storx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2017, 01:52 PM   #49
Wind Walker
Registered Full

Brother I am running the Danmoto with the cobra power pro tuner black and I have absolutely no running issues. As a matter of fact I can out run all of the guys running the power commander or the power vision.
Wind Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #50
storx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Walker View Post
Brother I am running the Danmoto with the cobra power pro tuner black and I have absolutely no running issues. As a matter of fact I can out run all of the guys running the power commander or the power vision.
is that a box you leave connected or is it piggy back similar to the power commander? I ask because the reason i am being told the tune was unable to be accomplished is that the secondary over enrichment map that auto kicks in around 3k rpms is not accessible in power commander 5 on pre 2007 bikes.. Im being told that something like a TTS tuner that has access to all those maps or something that adds oxygen sensors into the circuit to monitor a/f is the way i need to go.. im no expert.. but this is what im being told..
Old 04-29-2017, 08:10 PM   #51
Wind Walker
Registered Full

Yes sir it stays hooked up and it has no base maps. It automatically tunes 80 times per second on the fly.
Wind Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:21 AM   #52
Moler
Registered Full

shoot me a pm with you're email and I'll send you a map. I can't post a dvm file for some reason....
Old 05-04-2017, 12:12 AM   #53
storx
Registered Full

Hey Moler, thanks a lot for the map, we used that today to start the tune from.. surprisingly it was still off by a bit in some areas due to different altitude probably.. but it was worlds better than the vance and hines indy tune on power commander site....the green line is your tune file you sent me Moler....

The tuner got my bike dialed in pretty nice, i didnt ride it much after the tune just around the parking lot because it was starting to sprinkle and wanted to get the bike loaded on the trailer before the sky fell..

This first video is from about half way into the tune adjustments..

Old 05-04-2017, 06:34 AM   #54
Moler
Registered Full

Glad it worked out for ya....

Old 05-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #55
storx
Registered Full

Little Update, the bike runs circles around the way it ran before changing the exhaust... I am very unsure on what tune was on the bike previously if it ever had one.. but boy does the bike pull now.. Just a little update to everyone.. The bike went from 98whp and 69wtq to 119.2whp and 78wtq. So 22hp and 9tq increase over the power the bike made when i first bought it....

The people i normally ride with on the weekends when we go on longer rides were blown away on how fast it is compared to previously (They are my previous sport/touring bike family from my Honda VFR1200).. Before i was ringing it out to keep up with them on the straights and such when we would get stupid from time to time.. to now i leave them in the smoke off the line and it just pulls soooo hard... I feel like i went from 3k of rpms of pulling power to now it seems to pull hard from 3k all the way to 9k as hard as it did in that narrow 3k band.. Also the bike is worlds better at cruising under 3k now.. before between 1500 and 3000, it would surge and feel like it bogging down a lot and anything over 10% throttle produced no additional acceleration in 5th gear, but now i can be doing 1500 rpms in 5th and roll into the throttle and the acceleration actually feels more intense the more i roll into it and doesn't just feel like it hit a wall after 10% throttle like before.. I absolutely LOVE the new exhaust and bike tune... If i was to ask for one change in the setup.. it would be for a slightly higher up pipe angle.. i have already smacked the ground with the muffler about a dozen times in hard hair pin corners...I have already contacted the company about replacement muffler portions and they told me if i ever need one i can order just the muffler section from them and it would be about 1/3rd of the price of the entire system + shipping.. which is honestly not to bad, about the price of a single muffler slip on basically...

One thing to note, not sure if its because the system has a LOT of dyno time ran on the exhaust or just the engine is producing harder explosions (increased power), but the sound of the exhaust increased slightly and it went from more of a mellow deep sound to now a deeper thump sound.. you hear more of the exhaust pulses in the exhaust now...
Old 05-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #56
adri
Registered Full

Sweet! What kind of effect on gas? More power = burning more fuel? My tiny tank already gets me nowhere haha
adri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #57
kntdrv
Registered Full

storx....glad you like your results but its not a good thing to "cruise" @ 1500rpms. These VRODS are meant to stay high in the rev zone unlike the other Harley bikes.....
CFR Pipe
Drag bars

joi gin
kntdrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:34 PM   #58
Jsquared3000
Registered Full

Storx would you share the map file? I have an 07 running the PCV and the Danmoto.
Jsquared3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:28 PM   #59
storx
Registered Full

Jsquared, sure I can share mine but your 07 is a different engine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2017, 01:30 PM   #60
Jsquared3000
Registered Full

Storx what year is yours, an 04? I thought they were the same. i have the 07 Nightrod, it still has the 1130cc.
Jsquared3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement