Somebody said Adventure? ??? - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-29-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
ddpmusic
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Somebody said Adventure? ???

In case you missed it...Meet the H-D PAN AMERICA

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/12/28/ha...H8W1dJYP0KxQ#1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HD Adventure.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	535261  
ddpmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
denestomed
Registered Full

It looks awesome, hopes the performance matches its look. Worth saving for.
denestomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:37 AM   #3
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

Looks great if you want to load up the tent and all the gear, and head to the state park campground on a heavy bike that can't go too far off road on some jeep trails, stop & camp. I applaud H-D for taking on this segment but they should have done it long ago - hopefully it compares well with its competition in performance & price - H-D needs a Winner. SO - Where's my new R Model V Rod with the mid controls, new engine and modern mountain twisties attack gear ? I've got a few full off-road M/C's that I can really go way far off road (and go fast) while I wear the proper protective gear, and sleep in an RV, camper or hotel. I for one don't need a M/C that may not do either real well, while I carry all that gear weight. Having said that, I'm sure this bike will do well, especially out west where you could go on a week long adventure from like Denver to the four corners on roads to off road jeep trails and ride it to town for food & supplies. Did a little of that on a BMW GS 1200 a couple years ago out there, up to 11,000 feet, and was impressed. Hopefully the P/A does well.
streetrodracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2019, 06:04 PM   #4
stevemcgov
Registered Full

I hear you streetrodracer
Glad the Moco is continuing with water cooled engines.

"The 60-degree vee provides space for dual downdraft throttle bodies. H-D claims the new 1,250cc engine will produce more than 145 hp and 90 pound-feet of torque"

(975cc for the Bronx streetfighter and 1,250cc for the Pan American. )

They should bang out some Old D and R frames w/180 rear tires and squeeze
the Revo Max 1250cc in there.

The bigger 1,250cc version, which will come first to the Pan America but is also eventually destined for the firm's Streetfighter model, is aiming at more than 145 hp and over 90 pound-feet.
interesting!

https://www.cycleworld.com/harley-davidson-pan-america/
stevemcgov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:23 PM   #5
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

What's the M/C Future @ H-D hold ?

Yes, Very Interesting stevemcgov - hopefully the new engine will be as reliable as the Revolution, but I seriously doubt it. If it's 145 Hp and 90 ft.lbs that would put it about equal at the rear wheel with a Stage 1 1250cc Revo, which would be very respectable. Hopefully it's lighter, Revo's a tank. We'll see ! Streetfighter model may be really cool, but pretty much a single seater hooligan bike so yea, they need to build a lighter V Rod R Model spec frame around that engine, retain the two up capability, add top suspension & brakes & KEEP IT UNDER 600 Lbs and I might just go by H-D clutching my checkbook when they arrive for a look see - if the Streetfighter is really good maybe just buy it and keep the old fixed up R model for 2 up work ? We'll see ! -
streetrodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement