Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Fender Extender

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  deltaflash 
#1 ·
Anyone know where to get a fender extender or a longer fender for the front of the R?

Thanks

#6 ·
The seat pan is entirely different from the R to the other models. Your looking at a very custom modification. it possible but you have to find a good welder and someone who can plastic weld, fiberglass or lay carbon fiber.

I looked into something similar, having my smugglers trunk fabricated in in carbon fiber. Was quoted $5K plus they'd likely destroy the original making a the model.

Here's the frame plus the seat pan so you can see. The R already has a very long seat pan compared to the other rods out there to accommodate the longer shocks and higher ground clearance.

#7 ·
Sorry mis-read, Front not rear.
The front is a little more common and interchangeable between the R and the other rods. The bracket that the front fender mounts at the front forks is different, being longer to accommodate the R's inverted forks but the same diamond-ish mounting system with the 4 bolt holes is the same.

#8 ·
Fender

I talked to grcustomes and they don't make one for the R and Fenda Extenda's fits the front of the front fender, but not the back. Ass backwards. LOL

The R is definitely hard to shop for.

Dimebag, do you know what other models use the same front fender?

#9 ·
I talked to grcustomes and they don't make one for the R and Fenda Extenda's fits the front of the front fender, but not the back. Ass backwards. LOL

The R is definitely hard to shop for.

Dimebag, do you know what other models use the same front fender?

Post #6 in this thread . :deal:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.