Need Cruise Control help - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCF
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 08-31-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
Dtanner
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Cruise Control help

I need help.
I installed the MurphsKit CCS-100 cruise, following thetryal's directions and photos to the Tee. Worked like a champ for over 8000 miles until the Power commander V failed (lost fire to rear cyclinder, got it back after much trouble shooting by removing the PCV and plugging back directly into ECM in stock configuration).
DynaJet Fixed me up with a new PCV (at a much reduced cost) and a Auto tuner module that reqired O2 sensors, I jumped thru all the hoops as it required, getting bungs welded into my personally custom made stainless steel exhaust and installing the O2 sensors and then making the electrical connection into the pin three wire of the new PCV cable that plugs into the stock ECM. Bitchin, all done, lets go ride, shit ! the cruise isn't working.
Power is going to control unit on handle bar, on / off seems to be working, I can feel the relay clicking when I apply front or back brake.
Checked all the vacuum lines for leaks or crimps, Actuator cable is hooked up to throttle linkage ok. The only thing I changed was the connection to the Pin 3 black wire. I just took that back apart and checked where I made the connection (I had carefully stripped the pin three wire and wrapped the connecting wire around it and the soldered cleanly, then wrapping in elec tape cleanly. I'm at a loss and cant sleep at night.
It might be that the addition of the Autotune module changed something ?. I just saw something on the install thread about getting signal from a coil wire and might look into that. If any of you are still 1130cc.com active or if anyone else has any input, it would be much appreciated.
Dtanner.
Dtanner is online now Report Post
Dtanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2019, 06:45 PM   #2
RustyG
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Remove the PCV and Autotune modules and see what happens.
If it still fails revert to the CCS-100 install instructions to see what it is lacking.

John
Everything is JMHO. Accuracy is not assured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Twain
The more I know about people the better I like my dog. -
2007 VRSCX 0461 / 1400
2003 VRSCA – Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Road King Classic
RustyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #3
Dtanner
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ccs-100 cc

Remove the PCV and Autotune modules and see what happens.
If it still fails revert to the CCS-100 install instructions to see what it is lacking.

That would be a good experiment to try, I'll do that after trying to get RPM signal off of Coil feed wire.

Thanks for the suggestion.

DJ Tanner
Dtanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement