Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Oil leak..

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  DeathRowKingPin Jr 
#1 ·
I was cleaning the B yesterday before a ride and I noticed a slight film on top of the clutch cover. Ran my finger thru it and it was a slight film of oil. I ran my fingers around the large "bolt" that comes off the rear jug and it had oil residue on it...not alot,but enough. Couldn't find any leaks anywhere else. What is that large bolt for?
And how the HECK does one get to keep a blinker lense back on???

TIA,

'Crewzr

#3 ·
I'll check the hoses...thanks for the idea. The blinker lense is new and tabs are all intact. I just cant get the cap to seat/seal against the housing and don't want to try and force it.

'Crewzr

#14 ·
I’d check it out if I was you since it states that it can’t be mixed with anything. Petboys and Autozone will tell you that but on the bottle it says don’t mix with any other break fluids since it mainly silicone base and will cause failure. Here a link maybe help you a little and it only list minimum boiling points if Listen to the warning also it has water fighter in it as if any water gets in it unlike other fluids it will fail and cause you to replace whole system. Never listen to high school auto parts guys as they get hired if they don’t know squats I know they hired my Nephew and his friends and they never worked on a motor in their life or breaks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.