Night Rod Muscle - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCF
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #31
ger
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
wow cant wait to see the finished product , going to be sweet
08 dx black /orange - rizoma 1st gen bars -signal relocate-ness mirrors-side mount licence plate-V&H indy pipe,tweeked and wrapped-s.e.r.t.-K&N filter-semi-topless-metz 260, ness Battistini grips ,arnotts, switchblade footpegs-ghostrider custom seat Cutting illusion rear fender with led tail light,A model headlight with H.I.D. high/low
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 black ducati Monster 696 (for the wife).

using a screwdriver and rag to clean you bike
?you need pimpstixxx ,pm me
ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #32
marcialm
Raging Bull

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subscribed
Old 04-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #33
E92_sid
Registered Full

Is this you?
E92_sid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #34
Ozracer
Night Rod Muscle

No its not me good inspiration though...
Ozracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #35
BT
Good Muthafarka

All that trouble and he left stock pipes and shocks ????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #36
lastinline
on the hwy to hell

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony View Post
All that trouble and he left stock pipes and shocks ????
I hear ya, but he does have killer glass, soon it won't be the only one
Old 04-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #37
jct30200
Registered Full

Oz that is going to look great when it's all together....my Filthy Freda goes to get her BST wheels fitted this weekend. Pity you changed your mind about the forks but you have inspired me to do the same with mine - love the painted slider ends. More pics of your handlebar setup when it's all done please! Inspiration for a zero bank balance.
jct30200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #38
Ozracer
Night Rod Muscle

Thanks John they should be something special and they actually look better in the flesh the photos don't do them justice I'm going to look at modifying the front axle as well so I can fit flusher mounted axle covers on the front. I got to send bicep a message to see whats involved. I understand from speaking with watto that one is larger than the other side. I want to get them as flat as possible so they look like more part of the fork than a bolt on.....
Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #39
Ozracer
Night Rod Muscle

Engine work today......

So I stripped everything off my engine for the painter today and cleaned it up a bit. Only got the oil filter mount to take off and the rear earth strap then its done. I couldn't believe the amount of crap on top of the end from the from blow by tubes. Here's a pic to give you an idea and my bikes only 12 months old. Ive got to fix this so any suggestions are appreciated. What I'm thinking of doing is getting the rear piece that pushes into the top of the cam covers and machining it down so it fits and can be pushed and sealed into the casting in the block for the front tubes.

I cleaned the block with degreaser and then wiped it down with wax and grease remover. Its looking a lot better now but Ill give it another wash down and wipe over this arvo and clean up all the ancillary parts for painting like the starter motor, side covers, water pump covers etc. Also got to make a decision on what kind of black to do the block satin black or matte black......

Next step painting......
Old 04-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #40
sgt_gman2005
06 VRSCD

Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
cant wait to see final product. great job
sgt_gman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #41
jct30200
Registered Full

I'm off outside to see what sort of mess is on mine....bike was bought new in November 2010 and now has 8700km on it.
Go gloss black on your engine - like an old Vincent Black Shadow
jct30200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #42
Alwayslooking
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If I wasn't riding mine every day it would look like this right now, I want to paint my engine soooo bad, but want to take it out and do it right like you are.
Basically everything is custom.......running a custom 13.5" rear Rocker C Wheel with a custom made 360mm conversion kit I built. Arnott suspension, Progressive lowering springs in the front, the rest you can see.
Alwayslooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #43
Ozracer
Night Rod Muscle

Always Looking a black engine will just top off your bike its looking magnificent at the moment. It is a reasonably big job but I'm suprised at how easy these bikes are to work on to be honest considering it's my first time taking it out. At least it gives me an opportunity to correct everything I'm not happy with and loctite every bit and make sure every things torqued properly. I'm looking forward to getting the engine back from paint and getting it into the frame. I'm going to put it back in the frame as it is now so its a lot skinnier and hopefully I wont jag it on anything and scratch the paint....
Old 04-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #44
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

I'm following this one. Very impressive so far. Looking forward to watching it come back together.

Jimmy
Rad_nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #45
Jimsteel
Canadian bacon

Garage
Subscribed!
Jimsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement