Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

$4.50 mod SIGNALS/ MIRRORS

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Dropsomegears 
#1 ·
I decided I wasn't going to pay ****in $80 for some dumb bracket to relocate signals. bought two bolts, two steel bolt spacers, and a couple lockwashers and went to work. more time than anything. you could do this with a fender also, have to pull the wheel to get the bolts in. mirrors below make a hell of a difference, no more staring at my shoulders. VERY HAPPY.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You mirror flippin right I did it!!

I love being able to see whith out having to move my upper torso. Also its not obvious when I see the cop behind me and i can nanchalantly move over. Plus the best part about the mirrors flipped is that i can white line alot easier then before.:D Is it me or is every ones side view mirrors the same height as the bikes :chair: so flipping them gives me the edge I need to squeek my way through. :D

Sweet looking bike bro. I already did the front signal relocation with the &^%@ing 80 kit but it was a gift. What did you do for the rear your pictures striked some curiosity. Also I like the grips those arent the ones on ebay for 30 bucks ? If so how is it fit? I have the black diamonds that everyone and their mother has and I like them but the end cap being able to get stolen ooppss I mean fall off sucks. My buddy and I each " lost " one on the left side at a bike night. He gave me his other one right before he got shipped off over seas and I went to the dealer and it " fell off " again. Sooo screw it. any ways didnt mean to :soapbox: on your thread.

#4 ·
I love being able to see whith out having to move my upper torso. Also its not obvious when I see the cop behind me and i can nanchalantly move over. Plus the best part about the mirrors flipped is that i can white line alot easier then before.:D Is it me or is every ones side view mirrors the same height as the bikes :chair: so flipping them gives me the edge I need to squeek my way through. :D

Sweet looking bike bro. I already did the front signal relocation with the &^%@ing 80 kit but it was a gift. What did you do for the rear your pictures striked some curiosity. Also I like the grips those arent the ones on ebay for 30 bucks ? If so how is it fit? I have the black diamonds that everyone and their mother has and I like them but the end cap being able to get stolen ooppss I mean fall off sucks. My buddy and I each " lost " one on the left side at a bike night. He gave me his other one right before he got shipped off over seas and I went to the dealer and it " fell off " again. Sooo screw it. any ways didnt mean to :soapbox: on your thread.
first, the grips are not cheapos. I bought them from www.smtmachining.com . the people here are extremely helpful. I also got my axle caps from them, and risers i believe. they fit perfectly. the whole rear fender I fabricated and the signals are mounted to it. look in my gallery im sure there are pics there. thanks for lookin

#6 ·
Flipped mirrors are the BEST possible thing to do concerning mirrors short of dropping $250 for Jokers IMO.

#10 ·
Nice nub I mean fender LOL. No but seriously nice ride. I see what you were talking about on the rear. It gives some ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.