Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

"eip"

16K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Andrés 
#1 ·
When I went riding this morning, while turning on a street my engine stopped (dead) & wouldn't start up. On the odometer "EIP" came up. After I let it sit for a minute, it did start back up & didn't have any more problems with it. I couldn't find anything in the manual on what "EIP" means. Can someone please help me with this? I would greatly appreciate it!

Cindy

#8 ·
It is a 2007 VRSCA trike. It did say EIP on the odometer. I didn't turn that corner any different than I have done in the past. I'm near a H-D dealer & will check with them on Tuesday when they open & have them check the tsm/tssm? This is my third V-Rod trike & I have never had this happen. What is that by the way....tsm/tssm?

I really appreciate each of your quick responses!

Cindy

#13 ·
Scott bypassed the tip sensor completely due to the radical riding his bike goes through. It's not an easy bypass, as it requires taking apart the ECM and some talent with a soldering iron.

He posted it on the forum, but if you can program the TSSM to "Sidecar" mode, it's a better fix.

#20 ·
Cuando salí a montar esta mañana, mientras giraba en una calle, mi motor se detuvo (muerto) y no arrancaba. En el odómetro apareció "EIP". Después de dejarlo reposar por un minuto, volvió a encenderse y no tuvo más problemas. No pude encontrar nada en el manual sobre lo que significa "EIP". ¿Puede alguien por favor ayudarme con esto? ¡Me sería de gran aprecio!

Cindy
[/CITA]
Hello friend, you were able to fix your error eip?, I have the same problem and do not know how to fix it. The bike turns off every 3 minutes I'm walking.

hola amigo pudiste solucionar tu error eip?, tengo el mismo problema y no se como solucionarlo. La bici se apaga cada 3 minutos que camino.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.