Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

"City-Friendly" Clutch?

790 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  P8riot 
#1 ·
So... Being a city-boy, I find myself having to putt around town more often than I can take my D out on the open road. It's kind of a pain in the ass (err... pain in my left hand, I should say) when I'm having to stop-and-go frequently when driving downtown, or stuck in traffic, etc... The clutch on my kawi didn't have half as much tension as my D does...

My question is: is there something I can do to loosen then tension on my clutch handle so it is less tiring on my hand when having to put on the clutch repeatedly within a short time (i.e. downtown city driving)?

#2 ·
Two options:

1. Slipper clutch. Reduces the lever pull by 20%. Grips better than the stock clutch. It's standard on the 2008's and a direct retrofit for all V-Rods.
2. AIM Variable pressure clutch. Direct replacement for the clutch lifter plate. It's centrifugally loaded, so it locks up as you rev higher. This claims a 40% decrease in clutch lever pull.
http://www.aim-tamachi.com/home.php?cat=3

#7 ·
I edited my original response to include the AIM Variable Pressure plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.