Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

"soft" front brake?

770 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Steppenwolf 
#1 ·
I did a search but didn't see anything that helped. My brakes feel soft when I pull on my front brake. I can pinch my finger between the lever and the grip if I don't pump it a few times to get the brake pressure up. I have tried the obvious bleeding but I didn't get any air bubbles out and it's didn't make a noticeable improvement. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I hate to say "go back and do it again", but that's pretty much it. It can be a pain to bleed the fronts because of the tee and horizontal lines at the bottom of the triple clamp. You need to bleed the caliper farthest from the brake lever first, then without moving the front end, bleed the other. If that doesn't do it try it again, but this time turn the wheel to full lock right to bleed the left caliper, and the opposite to bleed the other. Lay in an extra bottle of fluid before you start. When you get done you will have changed out the fluid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.