Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

"Ever so slight vibration" in the handlebars

754 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  rc4man 
#1 ·
Hi Guys..

2003 v rod 11,800 miles.. runs like a dream.

when I am going strait down the road everything is just great.. but, whenever I lean or turn the bike.. I get a very slight vibration in the bars.. there is no noise associated with it.. and it is very slight.. but definetly there.

This is not the dreaded "clunk".. I had that on my other v rod.. this is just a very slight change in the way the bars feel. I can get it to happen if I weave back and forth in my lane when going straight.. or going around a corner...

I need to be going at least 30-35 MPH to feel it

suggestions please?

#4 ·
Vibration condition.

gthong said:
Hi Guys..

2003 v rod 11,800 miles.. runs like a dream.

when I am going strait down the road everything is just great.. but, whenever I lean or turn the bike.. I get a very slight vibration in the bars.. there is no noise associated with it.. and it is very slight.. but definetly there.

This is not the dreaded "clunk".. I had that on my other v rod.. this is just a very slight change in the way the bars feel. I can get it to happen if I weave back and forth in my lane when going straight.. or going around a corner...

I need to be going at least 30-35 MPH to feel it

suggestions please?
Sounds like a dynamic balance problem to me. The front tire is the cause of it. Have the balance checked. Nothing else can cause the condition. Al

#6 ·
vrodn said:
i went with the new upgraded 05 motor mount after reading posts on this forum. sure enough the stock [02[ was broke could be the cure. cheap investment
I have an '03 and have begun to notice that my mirrors are vibrating even when I have a solid grip on the bars.
I went out just now and looked at the mount..... as gthong asked -- anyway to check it visually?
I have a service manual and lift, it looks like some tight work. Did you replace it yourself? How much did mount itself cost?
Appreciate any info you might provide.

#10 ·
gthong said:
Michael.. how could you tell it was not the motormount?
First thing I did was check for tightness of the center mounting bolt with a closed-end wrench -- good. Next, just look for any displacement of the cushioning washers (if that's what their called.) Though I couldn't see the entirety of the washers, I surmised that if there is no displacement and the center mounting bolt is tight, the mount is fully functional.

#12 ·
Mine does the same thing, I checked the front tire and it is feathered a litle bit on the sides.Not sure but I think thats what I'm feeling.
Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.