Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

"TIP" Error and Bike Shut-Off

12K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BobNE 
#1 ·
After I had the dealer install a smart security system on my '09 DX, I get a "tip" error and the bike shuts off, when I decelerate.
The dealer says one has nothing to do with the other. Has anyone had this happen?

#3 ·
Your dealer is a phuq-ing IDIOT. Easy enough to fix yourself.
Remove your passenger pillion (held on with the seat post/bolt, and one more bolt on the other side, slide forward and lift up to remove), locate the TSSM (rectangular with some wires coming out of it) make sure it is oriented correctly. Take a pix and post up for us to see and help

#4 ·
The 2009 TSSM is oriented 90 degrees differently than the earlier ones. I don't know if the part number is different though. I don't have a part book for the 2009. That would explain the shutting off on decel.

#7 ·
TSSM Orientation

From looking in the service the ECM/TSSM is orientated correctly.
The ECM plug is on the right side of the bike. The TSSM is mounted horizontally. I'm unable to upload a picture. Will keep trying to upload.

Also, I tried to install the TSSM myself but the bike would not start. The dealer stated that the remote FOB had to be programmed before the TSSM would be work.

I'm taking it in today. Possibly they installed the wrong one.

#8 ·
From looking in the service the ECM/TSSM is orientated correctly.
The ECM plug is on the right side of the bike. The TSSM is mounted horizontally. I'm unable to upload a picture. Will keep trying to upload.

Also, I tried to install the TSSM myself but the bike would not start. The dealer stated that the remote FOB had to be programmed before the TSSM would be work.

I'm taking it in today. Possibly they installed the wrong one.
The correct P/N for your ’09 VRSCDX is 68925-07 (HFSM only). The antenna P/N is 68956-07 and the fob P/N is 68926-07 (includes 2 fobs). The kit P/N for your bike is 68207-07 (this includes HFSM, antenna, and 2 fobs). For these HFSM systems the dealer has to assign the fob serial # using the Digital Technician. (PIN # must be entered before fob assignment.) Your dealer should know this stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.