Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

"07 DX rear 240 on an '03?

731 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Johnny HotFoot 
#1 ·
If this has been covered, sorry, but I have searched all morning.

I have an '03, that I am considering putting a black slotted DX 240 rear on. I already have a hogpro swingarm that gives me an additional .600" on the left side.

Anyone have an idea if this would work? I assume I would have to stick with the narrow pulley that comes on the wheel, and then install an offset HD pulley (great time to switch to 28t).

thanks

#8 ·
Gdub - No worries on the pulley, I would prefer to move to a 28t, a since I would have to buy a new narrow belt anyway (and can get 149t belt), it is a good time to do it.

Stomper - The link didn't work, but I will search T Rod's posts and see what I can find.

thanks all

#9 ·
#12 ·
stomper said:
Johnny - this should be a link to T Rods profile, just look at all of the threads he started and some info should be found in there.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/member.php?u=11037
Thanks Stomper.... I think I'm cool.... '07 wheels are a direct swap onto an '04 from everything I've read..... just need to run a skinny belt, trim stuff, etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.