Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Dutchrod's DutchCustomLed kit

56K views 249 replies 85 participants last post by  DUTCHROD 
#1 ·
For the wintermodders...right in time for the oncoming holiday's
Prepare for a new color in your face...
Warning... this one is for YOU to enjoy while you ride..!

Gaugecolor kit Blue dial w/Red needles (DCL VG-BR-07) 90€ shipped worldwide.
PayPal currency set to euro's please to dcl@upcmail.nl check the gift box as i do the same on my packlabel and it wont create extra delays...

PM or mail to dutchcustomled@upcmail.nl with your order or questions are welcome. Always several boards in stock !

Fits '06 models showing MI or KM in the ododisplay and all bikes from 2007 to present. >Pdf Manual on this page<
If you dont feel confident in doing this i might have a few addresses where to have this done. For europe it can be me, for australia i have contacts with a specialized shop there.
Hear ya! Angelo - DutchCustomLed

Picture not of the product but endresult in a F gauge. more pics in
website's gallery.

See less See more
#2 ·
Awe crap... Why not add something else to the list. PM me your paypal info.

#3 ·
:cupcake .......... :D

PM send in a moment.

Angelo.

#4 ·
One of the best MODS to do on these bikes.

:notworth::notworth:

How to Videos

Hope this helps.

#5 ·
Owh yeah... thanks rodney ! Just... your speedo is a 2002 to 2006 type, not the 2007 and later. Works a litlle different on the inside but basically the same.
Next MWT there will be one on the table from me!

I actualy bought a 2007 later DX speedo to make my own movie from a RGB kit build .. but too busy making all kind of mods..
Cool mod i'm working on now is a 6 gauge set and a radio from a Glide making a purple kit... nobody does purple and surely not the radiodisplay

#7 ·
Just also like this one from you Steve..

#10 ·
Ok. How much is this for a 04B? Us $$$?
Thanks. Joe.

#11 ·
Joe, the DCL VG-BR-01 kit that fit's the 2002 to 2006 models ('06 without the MI or KM in the odo display) is 85€ total.

PM sent

#12 ·
So that's $85 US? Thanks for replying quickly.
Joe

#13 ·
Nope... i think the Euro sign is not showing on US computer caracter sets.

The dollar converts to about 77euro cents. You can select euro currency in Paypal and it converts automatically.

#15 ·
Your one of the pioneers Jon!

Just back from the postoffice bringing the pack's from Jack and Don.

have new ones in stock!

#17 ·
Dutch, can you tell me is this led bulbs/strip? Never opened up housing to look. Thanks for your time. Joe

Also, my cluster has a clock but bike is a 04B. Replaced by stealership under factory warranty.

#19 ·
Dutch, can you tell me is this led bulbs/strip? Never opened up housing to look. Thanks for your time. Joe

Also, my cluster has a clock but bike is a 04B. Replaced by stealership under factory warranty.
watch the posted video.

#18 ·
It is a second circuit board made by me holding 40 leds nicely devided under all the numerals and needles that fits on top of the OEM board. It's mounted inside with the supplyed longer screws and covers the original dial and needle leds, all the other indicators remain as they are.
Check the manual i have as free download from my 'products' page at the website or check the instruction video RSC made in post number 4 ...

See now you probably have a 07 later speedo.. two ways to check.. First check is if your odo display has the MI or KM written in it (see pic below). if so, it means you need the 07 later board because it is different from the 2002 to 2006 ones. second check could be the diagnostic numbers.. at the end the P/N of the speedo is displayed. that number tells you what mfg year is used.
The 07 later board fits exactly inbetween the electronic circuit board and the front plastic. the layout of the leds is different and no screws are needed to fix the board.

Angelo.

#23 ·
Hi Al, i directly answered your email from the website contact form you did send yesterday but i think somthing went wrong. i already wondered a bit why i got no reply.
I googled this issue and found my provider had posible problems sending to Gmail accounts. I'll forward my mail in a PM.
I'll also send out the mail again with my dutchcustomled@gmail.com account. Prob is that account is on my tablet (ahem.. by wife confiscated tablet :) )

EDIT: have added the Gmail account to my Outlook mail too. did send a Fwd from gmail holding the RGB manual.

Oh and btw.. Fits.. no problem :D (Have these boards ready and pre packed for shipping)

#24 ·
Yes technically possible, but with the whole sweep of the needle in red you wont see a difference. You still keep the yellow tank symbol flicking on in center though.

#27 ·
Hey Dutch, package arrived. Got the instument cluster out and partially apart. I went to remove the torx screws in the back of the cluster and they have little tits in them that disallow me from getting my torx wrench in? Don't see this mentioned in the instructions, is this normal? Do I try to break the tips off to get it to work with my torx bits? Thanks man!!

#28 ·
#31 ·
It's not a 'problem' problem putting other screws in but getting these factory OEM ones out :)
These special screws are put in there at the factory. they dont want you to exidently take these out at a service.
Whitout the right tool bit it takes more time and aggrivation to get these out , did many with a grind to width normal flatblade. needs patience though.

You can get all those bits from any hardware shop. They refer to them as "tamper proof" and a lot of the other bits come in handy with other chores the better half may find for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Yep, Just check they have 5 lobes/points/wings whatever it's called. normal tamperproof bits have just the hole in a 6 lobe standard torx.

#33 ·
Offer Still Valid... !

Have odd wishes? or in your eyes strange questions related to the speedo.. just ask..

(Odd? Working on a full color gauges set and radio from a street glide right now.)

#35 ·
Hi Giovanni, I'll send you a PM with more exact info in a minute but basicly i need your address and my paypal confirmation with your payment and the pack is in the mail. Thanks.

#36 ·
Mike, i received your PM regarding questions for your 2013 NRS and am putting an answer together for you right now.

#38 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.