Aftermarket parts for VCSCR - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCR
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 09-28-2019, 08:56 PM   #1
Davidr0326
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket parts for VCSCR

I am looking to buy a 2006 VCSCR and I am finding parts that fit everything but the Street Rod and the Muscle. Looking for handlebars and potentially a kit to add a RoadGlide fairing. I am having no luck. The price on the bike is great, but unless I know I can make changes without breaking the bank, I:m probably going to pass on the deal.
Davidr0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2019, 09:09 PM   #2
Music City VROD
Registered Full

If you are looking for a 300 mile cruiser you might want to go a different route. These bike are fun but i wouldn't take them cross country.
Music City VROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:17 AM   #3
flybigjet
Departed the Fix.

Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Imho, a fairing would be difficult, unusual looking, and probably detract from the lines of the bike-- the R isn't your average V-Rod and what looks good on a "regular" VRSC might not be aesthetically pleasing on an R.

As far as bars, there *used* to be a reduced-reach kit from V-Mod years ago, but they're long gone. The only other two options I remember are a) putting 2007 bars on a 2006 (which gave a small bit reduced reach and moved the mirrors out past your shoulders) or potentially putting XL1200N Nightster bars on it.

Either option required new clutch and brake lines.

R.
USAF: 1989-1997. Desert Shield (Saudi Arabia), Desert Storm (Kuwait, Iraq), Provide Comfort (Kurdistan), Restore Hope (Somalia), Uphold Democracy (Hati), Joint Endeavor (Bosnia), Support Hope (Rwanda). USAFR: 1997-2014. Iraqi Freedom (Iraq), Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan). Retired, Oct. 2014.
flybigjet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2019, 09:33 AM   #4
dimebag
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City VROD View Post
If you are looking for a 300 mile cruiser you might want to go a different route. These bike are fun but i wouldn't take them cross country.
I’ve done multiple days at 700mi/day on my R, though I can do saddle sore runs easily on my X for comparison.

As far as parts for the R your going to have to get uber creative, lucky in some cases, and start making a bunch of friend. The R is a difficult beast to customize

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dimebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #5
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
CPTJAM did it with his Street Rod,but as others have pointed out it will not be an easy thing.

"Nothing is foolproof if you have a sufficiently motivated fool."

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..." She's been beat on, thrown to the ground, abused,neglected & put away dirty..... but the gas gauge works !

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more.I thought I was mellowing as I got older,turns out I just don’t give a shit.”

H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:30 PM   #6
Elgavilan
The Hawk

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I think he was trying to sell that street rod 6 months ago.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2019, 08:34 PM   #7
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

I think it was the '09 AW basket case that he eventually sold.
https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429561

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..." She's been beat on, thrown to the ground, abused,neglected & put away dirty..... but the gas gauge works !

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more.I thought I was mellowing as I got older,turns out I just don’t give a shit.”

Old 09-29-2019, 09:34 PM   #8
ozzie21
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good Luck on Your Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidr0326 View Post
I am looking to buy a 2006 VCSCR and I am finding parts that fit everything but the Street Rod and the Muscle. Looking for handlebars and potentially a kit to add a RoadGlide fairing. I am having no luck. The price on the bike is great, but unless I know I can make changes without breaking the bank, I:m probably going to pass on the deal.
Since the discontinuation of the V-Rod model the reality is that OEM H-D parts and also aftermarket parts have been slowly becoming more and more hard to find. And it's not going to get better. H-D is just not making any more. Dealers were hard to work with even when the V-Rod was current, never stocking basic items and many never having accessories in stock ever. Now they just tell you "discontinued". You can try the official line that by policy and government regulations they're supposed to have stock items for another 10 years but you'll just get a dumb stare and the "discontinued" line again. Most aftermarket manufacturers have stopped producing accessories because the demand is no longer there. You might be lucky and find leftovers on the shelf.
ozzie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:18 PM   #9
Elgavilan
The Hawk

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-D Heathen View Post
I think it was the '09 AW basket case that he eventually sold.
https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429561
Yeah, I'm the guy that bought the basket case, when I picked it up at his house in Vegas I thought he had a for sale sign on the white street rod.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2019, 10:26 PM   #10
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Ok, seems you may have knowledge that I don't.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:58 AM   #11
swampboogiedoug
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
The Street Rod is a great platform. I can go 500 daily miles. For a fairing, I used a Bob Dron unit, easy to fabricate mounts from 1/4" aluminum strap. The seat you use with an Airhawk, best comfort investment I made. Bars can be any 1" unit, you need to drill the holes in the top triple tee out to 1/2" and any Harley riser will work with any bars. Probably need longer lines, but these are easy to fabricate from either stainless braided or Goodrich micro lines.
swampboogiedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:52 PM   #12
Davidr0326
Registered Full

thanks for the feedback

After doing a few hours of research on aftermarket parts, I am going to pass on the deal. If any of you want a great deal on a 2006 VRSCR with 46k on it's $3,000 and it's in Arizona.
Davidr0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:13 PM   #13
[email protected]
Registered Full

2003 100th Anniversary V Rod for Sale

I bought my V Rod new, I am the only owner, never been parked outside my garage. 12,000 original miles, runs great. Tires recently replaced. No scratches. I am 70 years old with back problems, reason for selling. Just text me a 972-567-6264 if you would like more info and photos. Thanks much!! Steve
scpickert@gmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #14
pjoo7
Registered Full

Don't believe the bullshitters f the ergos works for you there are more then a couple that made the transition to roadglide on the R. Im in maryland and have done tail of the dragon, and as much as 3k in a week. The last long trip was through Pennsylvania. ( poor bastards have the worst roads ) but beautiful state. 1500 miles limited because of road construction, closures and redirects to literally logging roads. Want to have fun listen 4 old bastards bitch and moan while on 700-900 lb biekes negotiate logging roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	587.0 KB
ID:	534305   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	441.8 KB
ID:	534307  

Last edited by pjoo7; 10-04-2019 at 03:25 PM. Reason: add photo
pjoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:26 PM   #15
pjoo7
Registered Full

jeez where is a 14 y/o when you need to help posting picture no idea why they got rotated
pjoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement