2002 VRSCA Handlebar Options - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 09-18-2018, 04:19 PM   #1
rebel7
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2002 VRSCA Handlebar Options

Hey all,

I am currently running a stock VRSC-A handlebar setup, and am looking for more of a drag-bar setup. I run clip-ons with my Sportster and really like the more aggressive stance around the city. Of course, the Sporty also has mids..

Do I have any decent aftermarket options for drag bars or lower profile ones? The Clamshell also seems to be an issue from what I have read, I'm assuming I would have to do a cluster relocation for new bars. I would love to keep the Clamshell and not have to buy a new cluster for bars, does anyone have experience with a bar swap on this model?

Thanks,
Rebel
rebel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2018, 05:07 PM   #2
coastrider
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel7 View Post
Hey all,

I am currently running a stock VRSC-A handlebar setup, and am looking for more of a drag-bar setup. I run clip-ons with my Sportster and really like the more aggressive stance around the city. Of course, the Sporty also has mids..

Do I have any decent aftermarket options for drag bars or lower profile ones? The Clamshell also seems to be an issue from what I have read, I'm assuming I would have to do a cluster relocation for new bars. I would love to keep the Clamshell and not have to buy a new cluster for bars, does anyone have experience with a bar swap on this model?

Thanks,
Rebel
It is possible with a bit of work (see pics)although the easy option is to go with "B" or Nightrod risers which gives you an infinite choice of bars.
The ugly thing in the pics is my bike when I first bought it and has
1 1/2" Buffalo bars with the clamshell, the bars being seriously modded and rechromed to get the clamshell to fit. I still have these bars but without the clamshell. (each to their own!) I must add the bike looks nothing like that now!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	RIMG0067.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	479.5 KB
ID:	529955

Click image for larger version

Name:	RIMG0068.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	475.2 KB
ID:	529957
coastrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:48 PM   #3
mike_w
"Vrod King"

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I've had one with drag bars with shorter risers and a clamshell that had been cut shorter to fit. It still used the stock cluster. Only bad thing is if you have forward controls and are less than 6' tall, your lower back will start to kill you after a while.

You know they are just like potato chips, you can't have just one.
mike_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #4
rebel7
Registered Full

Mike, I was afraid of that, I'm right at 6' so it would be a gamble.

If I went with the easy route of using the "B" setup, are there part #s associated with this?I'd like to rip the risers and mounting off a donor bike if all possible.

Also, Coast, no shade, but that thing was f***ing hideous. hahaha.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:18 PM   #5
coastrider
Registered Full

Quote:

Also, Coast, no shade, but that thing was f***ing hideous. hahaha.
Like I said It don't look like that now!!!
There are quite a few of the Nightrod risers and cluster housings for sale on Ebay if that's the way you choose to go, mostly in Germany but most will probably ship if you ask.
coastrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:07 PM   #6
rebel7
Registered Full

I see housings and risers on eBay for 2005 VRSCBs, what I'm unsure of is if my clamshell speedo will fit it? Do you really have to swap out the entire cluster to change the handlebars?
Old 09-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #7
mike_w
"Vrod King"

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
No, same cluster can be used.

You know they are just like potato chips, you can't have just one.
mike_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #8
SwillRacer
Registered Full

Garage
Here is what is on my 03 VRSCA...

https://www.grcustoms.com/index.php?...product_id=318

click on my profile to see pics.
SwillRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:34 AM   #9
FLACO
Registered Full

I have an 06 vrsca and had the same problem. I went with the donor option. I was able to grab a riser and clamp with the cluster mount for around $200. I bought the chrome bezel that sits on top, from Harley for around $35. I can see if I still have the part numbers somewhere but no promises. I ran some 1.5” Z-bars with mine and I’m 6’2”. I also have the altered state 4” extended controls to match. Before and after pics below:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FLACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #10
turboven
Registered Full

Garage
Quote:
I see housings and risers on eBay for 2005 VRSCBs, what I'm unsure of is if my clamshell speedo will fit it? Do you really have to swap out the entire cluster to change the handlebars?
Your cluster fits perfect but you need a new cluster trim to fit the 2005 housing
Old 10-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #11
VROBBER#1
Registered Full

check out marxmetalwerks.com for custom risers, you will need to use b-model/nite rod top clamp & instrument housing(trim also).
VROBBER#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:01 PM   #12
rebel7
Registered Full

I don't mean to resurrect this thread, but I am in the process of doing this swap and wanted some advice on routing the wires. My VRSCA has the turn signals and hand control connectors mounted to a metal plate. That worked great on the clamshell, not so great on the B bars. Is that thing able to come apart?
Old 11-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #13
zantegr
Registered Full

Garage
Part numbers

Do you have the part numbers for what you bought to get the speedo and riser to look like in the image.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLACO View Post
I have an 06 vrsca and had the same problem. I went with the donor option. I was able to grab a riser and clamp with the cluster mount for around $200. I bought the chrome bezel that sits on top, from Harley for around $35. I can see if I still have the part numbers somewhere but no promises. I ran some 1.5” Z-bars with mine and I’m 6’2”. I also have the altered state 4” extended controls to match. Before and after pics below:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zantegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement