Removable Backrest for the Night Rod Special - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-12-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
Ric67
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Removable Backrest for the Night Rod Special

Hi,

I'm from France and hold a 2014 night rod special...see new member introduction under https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384921

I'm enjoying it very much as long as solo rides are concerned. For duo rides with my wife, that's another story

Looking for a suitable backrest to keep my wife I was rather surprised that except of the HD stock product, nothing else was available for my bike. We tried the HD stock version but were rather disappointed from both the comfort side and the fact that you can't remove it from the bike when riding alone, which from my opinion somewhat alters the agressive shape of the bike.

After long and unsuccessful research on the internet I decided to find a custom build motorcycle company able to manufacture it for me. I found a French company called Dub Performance who told me "yes we can do it".

My specs were to develop a removable backrest prodviding security, comfort, ability to transport small luggage, nice design, no drill hole, discreet fixing points...it looked like mission impossible

After long months of discussion, reviews and manufacture, the removable backrest is now available.

Since many owners of the same bike are looking for a suitable product which enhances the comfort and the security of the passenger and which can also be easily removed when solo rides are performed, I've decided to record a video to share it with the HD community.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wXPAj-mnFU

I hope you will enjoy it.

Cheers,
Ric67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
Knut J
VRSC est -03

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cool Video!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WILL RACE FOR FOOD!
Knut J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 03:07 PM   #3
Ric67
Registered Full

Thanks Knut. Great to hear that you liked the video.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:38 PM   #4
porky133
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice product and the video rocked!
Old 01-13-2016, 12:12 AM   #5
oznrs
Registered Full

That is a cracking video, and congrats on designing a backrest miles better than HD's effort.
oznrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:57 AM   #6
Ric67
Registered Full

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated
Old 01-13-2016, 11:28 PM   #7
Fattie1024
SuperDave

Nice product and great video. is it available for sale yet?
Fattie1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:08 AM   #8
Ric67
Registered Full

Hi Fattie,

This product is not yet available for sale since it is a customized item.

The company with whom I developed the sissy bar, Dub Performance http://www.dub-performance.com/ might surely be able to produce it again...just get in touch with them.

If you need any help let me know.

Cheers
Old 01-14-2016, 11:30 AM   #9
Teche
Registered Full

Garage
Thats awesome. I would use that over the stock anyday. You should really work with that company and come up with a plan to sell them so your design work pays off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP -
Teche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:25 AM   #10
Ric67
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teche View Post
Thats awesome. I would use that over the stock anyday. You should really work with that company and come up with a plan to sell them so your design work pays off.
Thanks for your comments!

It was not my primary intention to sell this device since I'm not specialized in the selling of bike accessories but rather to share with HD VRSCDX owners that there is a better alternative than the HD stock item.

I will have to discuss it with the company I worked with for the manufacture of my sissy bar. Is there any way to get an idea about the number of bikers who might be interested with that device?

Thanks for your suggestions
Old 01-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #11
rbabos
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric67 View Post
Thanks for your comments!

It was not my primary intention to sell this device since I'm not specialized in the selling of bike accessories but rather to share with HD VRSCDX owners that there is a better alternative than the HD stock item.

I will have to discuss it with the company I worked with for the manufacture of my sissy bar. Is there any way to get an idea about the number of bikers who might be interested with that device?

Thanks for your suggestions
I have interest in it. I'd like to see how it mounts and locks up and what kind of hardware it uses. Overall rigidity and such. A few close up picks would be good. For me, don't want the pad, just sissy bar and luggage rack to strap on a tour pack for trips. Bike is set up for solo with pegs removed so just an option for luggage, then remove when not needed. I like what I saw in the vid. That shit HD peddles is a joke but I suppose it goes well with the useless passenger seat. LOL
Ron
rbabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:16 PM   #12
Mighty
Registered Full

Very cool!
Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:19 AM   #13
Ric67
Registered Full

Thanks Mighty
Old 01-26-2016, 09:01 PM   #14
jdman

Very nice! I'd like to get one. Don't like the idea of drilling holes in my fender for the HD one. Awesome video too!
jdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:44 AM   #15
Sleeper22
Registered Full

Very nice video and great idea/product!
Sleeper22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement