Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

What did you do to your V-Rod today

1M views 8K replies 930 participants last post by  2003 VRod Rider 
#1 ·
I noticed we didn't have one of these, and figured I'd make one. I mod on some car forums, and they are usually pretty interesting topics.

So did you mod, maintain, fix something?

Today
- I changed and bled the rear brakes (now its very very stiff hmmm)
- Relocated the rear signal to the shock mounts using a kit (required pulling the shock tops, rear fender, under-fender, cutting the under fender, and extending the wires)
- Installed the side-mount from Killervrod.... had to cut my plate smaller, but looks good. I didn't install the LED yet.
- Removed the Screaming Chicken exhaust and packed them up, getting TAB's this week

#3,935 ·
#3,940 ·
Got my sundowner in the mail today, so I threw it on tonight :)
Hoooooly crap was I missing out, its like a cradle for your ass. I got it to try and make the old lady more cozy but I love this thing, she on the other hand is not impressed with her seating area :( she doesn't like how it curves up. ugh guess I gotta go custom. But we never took it out yet (20* temps is a bit too much for me). I don't know why people think it looks too big, I think it looks perfect. But I do have a bit of a bagger style going so that's probably why it works well on mine.

#3,943 ·
Finished replacing the left side radiator hose assembly and went for a 35 mile test ride. I wasn't feeling very confident about that shrink clamp business, but no leaks so far...
If you haven't tossed your "p-clamp" yet, I recommend checking it and/or chucking it asap! It can create an unnecessary and expensive repair.

#3,952 ·
Fitted the MS biketec 4" extended forwards (no bent knees anymore !)
Fitted healtech brake modulator !
fitted Digitek covert Moto-charge USB charger (crap blackberry battery now sorted)
fitted Digitek power gauge (now i know what my battery is doing and if the bikes chargering proper)
fitted "El cheapo" heated grips (using my HD diamond grips would never know there fitted result !)

well not all today but over the last few weeks its winter here !

#3,961 ·
Very nice. Too bad your picture is surrounded by all of that ugly white stuff.

#3,963 ·
Yea. I rode today and didn't even need a face mask. Tragically, we are forecasted for snow on thursday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.