Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

shifting problems

6K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  WiseBud 
#1 ·
:notworthy

Has this happened to anyone? Your at cruising speeds and you come upon a stop sign. You see the sign in plenty of time so you clutch and coast while slowing. When you get near the intersection, you begin to shift down from 5th gear to 1st. You click once and that's all you get. You keep shifting down but nothing is happening. When this happens to me, I have to release the clutch and then I can down shift. What do you think is going on?

Doug

#31 ·
Soo I was having a problem shifting into first gear after comething to a stop from neutral so I bent my link to my trans from down shifting into first and HD fixed and I ask them why I have trouble shifting down when I am in a high gear and at a stop he just told me to roll the bike until it shifs down or down shift wile I am still rolling I only had my bike for 6 months but after all of that happen I have been doing just that down shifting wile moving and everything is goo now

#32 ·
That is one long freaking sentence! :stilpoke:
I almost passed out reading it.:hidesbeh:

#35 ·
race-land, good place to own a V-Rod :)
if you are out for a ride toward metairie, the north shore, or miss. gulf coast, holla'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.