Seat baseplate. Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 17.3%

Baseplate or no baseplate??

929 views 17 replies 18 participants last post by  Growl 
#1 ·
Do you prefer the look of the chrome seat baseplate on any V-Rod or not? I'm not planning on using a sissy bar and don't mind the extra chrome but can't make up my mind as to wether or not I should remove the chrome baseplate or keep it. Do you like the look (without a sissy bar mind you) of the baseplate or no?

#7 ·
myvrodrocks said:
Like this....the only reason I have the baseplate installed is for the luggage rack.
Me too, and the sissybar comes in handy for fixing luggage straps as well.
It is not too difficult to remove the base plate. On my 07 DX it has only 4 screws that usually hold the rear fender to the frame. Plus the spacer on the bolt for the rear seat which has to be a bit higher. 5-minute-job.
I will definitely keep that base plate, you never know when you might need it again.
Well, and chrome is not the only "coluor" on earth, mine is gloss black and doesn't look as bulky as the chrome one...:)

#9 ·
Got mine for free (Thats another story) but i liked it because my '04 A needed som chrome there in the back.
When i got me the chrome bolts set that's availeble for the sissy bar,one wase sticking out unter the base plate so i scratched the paint ot the fender:banghead: ,it's destined to stay there now.

#12 ·
Easy_Rhyno said:
Do you prefer the look of the chrome seat baseplate on any V-Rod or not? I'm not planning on using a sissy bar and don't mind the extra chrome but can't make up my mind as to wether or not I should remove the chrome baseplate or keep it. Do you like the look (without a sissy bar mind you) of the baseplate or no?

it's already there - keep it, it's a nice look, especially black on black!

#13 ·
No baseplate, but I'm forced to bc I need some kind of sissybar for the wife. What KILLS me is that the baseplate almost completely covers up my stripes.

#17 ·
Yep, I like to strap some things down ever now and then. Goes well with all the other Chrome on the bike.

#18 ·
Baseplate Appearance

Depends on your setup: pillion/paint/fender/etc. Before I added my sissy bar, the wide sundowner pillion looked kinda funny hanging over the baseplate...almost looked better black-on-black without the chrome drawing attention to it. With the stock (narrow) pillion, I think it's a better-looking fit with the baseplate. If it's just a cosmetic opinion, post some pics. Without seeing it, I'd vote for using the baseplate. Either way, you'll probably get used to the look after a few weeks.

Also, I wonder if having a passenger/heavy load would mar your paint without the baseplate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.