Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

2007 Sundowner passenger baseplate same as stock passenger pillion baseplate?

556 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RobK1983 
#1 ·
Does anyone know?

I am looking for the stock VROD passenger pillion for the 2007 VRSCAW, with the baseplate that fits the two nut assembly. Curious if the Sundowner passenger pillion is one complete unit, with the same baseplate as the stock passenger pillion? I am talking about the black plastic plate that is stapled into the cushion and vinyl cover. Older years had one bolt that connected it, the 07's have the two , as per the wider rear tire assembly.

Any help would be good, and yes, I have looked on ebay for the stock pillion. None at this time.

#3 ·
I actually just needed the baseplate for a project I was working on on the bike. I actually made the rear passenger seat a solo seat, using breathless performance fiberglass cover, painting it to match, and configuring a taillight setup to make it work. I wanted to see if i could initially put the fiberglass solo seat cover onto the baseplate, as they were hard to find for the 07', but i just bolted it directly to the frame and it worked out fine.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.