Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

To sell or not to sell...

632 views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Jeck 
#1 ·
That is the big question.

I get asked all the time if my bike is for sale. I understand that in Israel there is only one other DX and it is basically stock. So these bikes are pretty rare and I am fixing to make a pretty penny if I am do this possibly double what I paid for it and invested.

Do I really want to sell?, of course not, but it can easily be replaced if the price is right.

Here is my opinon on this.

If asked again, "Is your bike for sale" my reply is this "Sure make an offer and I will tell you if you are close" or "Show me the Money and then we can talk".
Here people like to talk a good game but they are cheap, and always think they can talk you down. Also the mentality is never to be a "sucker" and have people know that they were "ripprd off". But you are paying for quality and what only one other person rides in the country.

What you do guys think?

#2 ·
Building up bikes is fun. Any time you can sell at a profit, do it.

#3 ·
You are right, fun to build up.

I have feeling that I will not sell to the first person that shows me the money. I have an attachment with my DX, and too much has gone into it at this point. Also feel that it needs a good home, not some idiot that does not understand what has gone into creating it. But money does talk!!

#4 ·
Your bike looks very good, if you can sell and start over while making money, that's free miles. And I'm sure you have already figured out a way to make your next one even better. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Good luck whatever you choose!

#7 ·
Mike, that is why I will wait till I get closer to leaving the country. I never have to deal with them again or see my bike again. It is painfull to see someone else enjoying your hardwork.
As said previous, free miles plain and simple.

#13 ·
Don't think of it as painful. Take some pride that another person appreciated your creativity enough to pay you to have it for themselves. If all artists felt that way there would be almost no paintings on walls anywhere.

#10 ·
Now let me explain some other complications in making a sale in Israel.

1. Currently no taxes and or duties have been paid, and I would make this the responsiblity of the buyer of course.
2. You cannot sell for more than the MSRP, but there are ways around this. Bike is one sale, and all accessories are a seperate sale, but you cannot buy one without the other.
3. Money transfers,are a serious pain in the ass, I would reather deal in cash. Then convert in postal money orders and deposit in accounts.

I will see how it goes, but at least a year away. You never know what can happen.

#11 ·
13G most HD riders like loud pipes, and here just as much. Just have to be a little careful with the traffic off (DMV) regular cops don't care. There is not much traffic enforcement throughout the country.
What do people think of them, you are a rock star wherever you go!

#14 ·
It's all up to you for the decision to sell or not to sell. For me, I enjoy, and put alot of pride, and Love, into the machine, and my self with Heart, and not for sale at any cost. Its like a dear friend who helps me thru life, and can never be replaced ever . Peace is hard to come bye in life,and can be shared, but not sold. If your bike is no more than a old shoe, or piece of art ,than sell it and start again.

#15 ·
Here is my story. I was in the Army and stationed in Germany from 1999-2002. I took my Mustang with me. My best friend who was german lived across the street from an Opel dealership. My Mustang was parked on the street there all the time. One day we were outside talking and a guy from the Opel dealership walked over to me and started asking me questions about my car. Turn out he was the owner of the dealership and he offered me $ 15,000 for my car. I only paid a little over $5,000 for it and had spent maybe another $1,000 on modifications at that point. I said that is a nice offer, but my car is not for sale. There aren't too many Mustangs in Germany, but this guy really wanted one. Looking back, I am glad I declined the offer!!

My point: Don't sell it unless you want to regret doing so later on. You have spent alot of time and money making it your own!!

#16 ·
I bring this up because I hear it all the time and trying to get an idea to put the ball in the buyers court. If you know what I mean.

I am not desperate to sell and sure I could always use the $$$. If I sell the DX, I sell it.

#17 ·
This is a decision only you can make. I know I would be torn... If money is the issue sell it. If not hang on to it! Good luck!

#18 ·
If i could make a GOOD profit I would sell. There is always another bike, but the money has to be well up there to go through the hassle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.