I like it! - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCF
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 08-30-2008, 11:05 PM   #31
Malcomx
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityJets View Post
Well, I'm a newbie too. I already have my deposit down on the first F at my dealership. I have had sport bikes all my life and never even considered a Harley. In fact, I mostly made fun of them. HD has done a great job of attracting more customers with this bike. It won't suit everyone's taste, but it suits mine and that's all that matters.

PS, I appreciate all the knowledgeable comments (and the not so knowledgeable ones) on this forum. A lot of experience to draw from.

Finally, hello from Las Vegas

Chad
The reality is we all enjoy blowing some smoke now and then, but if you ever have a problem with your F you'll have people lined up to help you out, even the one's that claim to hate it.
Malcomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #32
VrodG
Greg/Moderator

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I like the F
VrodG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #33
tommyrod
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have been wanting a v-rod since 2002. Couldn't afford it though. I bought a ninja instead and have been patiently waiting for the time to buy a v-rod. I go to MMI in Phoenix, and a couple of weeks ago, my instructor went online in class and showed us the 2009 models. When I saw the F, my jaw hit the floor! I love this bike! I even saw the new service procedures video for it to. I think it's kinda funny, sportbike guys hate it because it's a Harley, Harley guys hate it because it's metric, and v-rod guys hate it because it's different. Wow, finally a v-rod that even v-rodders hate. That makes me want it even more!
tommyrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #34
SinCityJets

I just like it cause it's good looking. That rear fender sealed the deal for me!
SinCityJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:12 AM   #35
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rod69 View Post
It's not that the DX is ugly to me, but they all just look alike, even with serious mods done. When I see one, I just say, "There's ANOTHER DX, whoopee."
The fact that HD stole my idea of a blacked out bike stopped my mods dead in their tracks. I want unusual, I want different, I want other VRod owners to take note of my bike.

The F has grown on me, and final judgment will be when I lay my eyes on one and ride one in person. Agree that the silver doesn't do it justice...the black one is the best looking from the pics.

I caught this rant a bit late but I think it's hilarious, yet another "builder" who takes claim of Harley's blacked out look.
BULLETIN - Harley did the black thang back in the early 80's with the Sturgis. It ain't new by any means, back in the day it was way popular to simply black it out.
Vrod owners take notice of your bike?? Don't you know they ALL have the best one, best model, best color. Why else would they buy it? Be careful what you wish for.............

8/15/08 -
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rod69 View Post
OK, so as a B owner, I am naturally going to say the B is the BEST! Versatility is THE reason I bought the B because I didn't want to hack up an A, they are gorgeous in their own right. And at the time those were the only two choices.

The DX is a badass for sure and is basically the younger sibling of the B. If you want a bike that doesn't need anything and is the sh*t right out of the box, then the DX is the bike to have. All the basic mods have been done from the factory. My issue is that they all look the same, more or less. Subtle differences between owners, but basically they look the same. I don't like "sameness"...it doesn't go well with individuality.
So for someone looking to buy and ride, or with a limited mod budget, the DX is for themor someone looking to chop, mod, add, remove, change, or make truly an individual statement, look no further than the B!
I don't get this one either, don't all models look the same? All anodized look the same? All F's ? A few different colors, but the same no?
Damn, there are some truly unique DX's out there. As far as unique goes, the chrome and flame thing is as old as dirt and hardly unique.
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #36
ebrown0104
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 27 reviews
we just got one in at the dealership I work at. It's silver, so the color is not appealing at all, but in general I really do like the bike. The handlebar position is a little more of a stretch forward than my A, but it's not too far out there. The satin silver everywhere really makes the bike look classy, in my opinion. The dual exhaust looks good, especially from the back. The only thing I'd change right away would be the rear tire to a Metz 260 (well, after ruining the stock E3 ) The seat is wide, and comfortable. I think this bike would be the perfect platform for a Road Rod conversion, especially since the Harley leather bags are the same size as the touring bags.

So, what I'm trying to say is, I dig it!
ebrown0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #37
NightRoder

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hi all,

I'm looking forward to seeing what people are going to do to their new VRSCF's.

At first I didn't like what I saw but I have been waiting for a while to see a Harley with dual exhaust. So I decided to be more open minded.

I like the new air box cover, headlight and front fender. I also like to integrated light in the rear fender, the integrated handlebars, the turn sygnals in the mirrors and the inverted front forks.
All really cool stuff! A serious move in the right direction.

But there are a few things I don't like and hope to see improvement.
I think the rear fender is too high. Either it needs to be chopped and trimmed or the suspension has to be lowered. Maybe a bit of both. I'm not sure about the seat either. The side vents gotta go. They ruin the bike as far as I'm concerned. Some nice air scoops would do well. There are a couple of companies that make aftermarket ones.
The mufflers are also too big. Some shorter slash cut pipes would look better...

I'm sure that people will find improvements and some inovative ideas that make the F a nice bike. I'm hoping to see pics on this forum.

Good luck everybody!

2006 Night Rod - Denim Black
Buell Firebolt Fairing, JE27LR Airbox Cover, Color-matched Spoiler, Dual Controls, SE Custom Solo Seat, Topless & Bottomless A/C with Amsoil filter, SE Pro Super Tuner, D&D Head Pipe w/Supertrapp SuperMeg muffler, Metzler tires - 200 rear, and lots of chrome...

'98 Buell S1W - Chopper project in progress...
NightRoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #38
Riverdog
Just Ride

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I would have waited for it if they had a blacked out version. My 1960 sportster was black on black, with black trim, it's not a new concept. Just because black's becoming the new chrome doesn't mean others haven't been doing it for years.

I like the rear fender and I like the idea of splitting the pipes on either side...but would rather see them higher up. Or tucked under the tail like a ducati. But if they're gonna name it the "muscle" I think they should have given it something extra from the factory. Like a 300 rear tire and 145 hp motor....then it would be a new model.

It just doesn't have that many changes to justify a new model. Heck I've seen some bikes on this forum that have been modified much more than comparing an F to any other stock VROD.

But I hope a bunch of people buy them and start mod'ing them...will be fun to see.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Riverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:13 AM   #39
Jim J
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbsupracing View Post
If I am gonna spend 16-17K for plastic parts I am gonna buy a Prius
Dude, you just took yourself out of the market for just about any sport bike, sport touring bike, dirt bike, etc........

05 ORANGE CVO VRSCSE, 05 BLUE BMW K1200S
Jim J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #40
kingtut73
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim J View Post
Dude, you just took yourself out of the market for just about any sport bike, sport touring bike, dirt bike, etc........
+1 very true
kingtut73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #41
wm1964
Registered Full

I woul NOT own a Prius, just not for me, but I have my F.
wm1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #42
Louis
Posting From The Pub

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim J View Post
Indeed. Composites Are Good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Arnotts, D&D, SEPST, custom paint or all chrome according to mood, GRC seat, wave rotors, Muscle wheels, Burleigh bars, V-Gauge, assorted pretty bits.

2007 VRSC-AW (Fun).
2007 KTM 990 Adventure (Off Road and Touring).
2006 Triumph Daytona T955i (Evil).
2009 Fatboy (Heavily Tarted Up Show Pony).
2011 Bonneville (On long term loan).
1978 Triumph Bonneville Based Racer (Needs A Rebuild)
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:22 AM   #43
Oriondk
Registered Full

There are a lot of things I like about the F; the front end looks cleaner, the gauges, the rear fender and integrated lights, the more passenger friendly rear pegs, the ability to mount some serioius bags. Things I don't like are the faux scoops and the muffler. Would like to see a good passenger seat and tall back rest. Then maybe it would be comfortable for my wife. She is not happy on the back of the DX, mostly due to the short backrest and passenger peg location.

Dave
Life's too mysterious
Don't take it serious

Well, do you ever get the feeling that the story's
too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage, and it seems like
you're the only person sitting in the audience?

Skating away on the thin ice of the New Day.
Oriondk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement