Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Custom passenger footrest/exhaust mount?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Borgelin 
#1 ·
Hi all!

I'm looking at buying a custom night rod SPE 2017.
It's very nice looking with Cult Werk-parts and custom paint-job, however it's a single-seater and I don't like having the passenger foot-rests attached.
What I did on my former was to remove the mounts entirely, bought 4 stainless steel-bolts and painted them black to fill the holes after the mounts (with some blue Loctite). Looked beautiful and discrete.

Problem is, that bike had the Akrapovic 2-1 exhaust, so it didn't need to use the pipe-mount on the bottom of the right passenger foot-rest mount.
This new one has the Supertrapp system so it uses that mount-point.

So my question is, does a custom mount exist which excludes the foot-peg mount-point but has the mount point for the exhaust-pipes?
I could remove the foot-peg only, but that won't look very good because the peg-mount will still be visible.

See less See more
#3 ·
So my question is, does a custom mount exist which excludes the foot-peg mount-point but has the mount point for the exhaust-pipes?
I could remove the foot-peg only, but that won't look very good because the peg-mount will still be visible.
Never seen. Hack saw & grind the peg mount off, then powdercoat.
Btw, nice bike!

#10 ·
It's custom made by Knut J on this forum. He did an outstanding job.

I promised to post some better pics, but have completely forgotten about it until i got a notification-email that you had posted today (sorry, Knut).

I'll try to upload some more soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.