Feeler, sell my 06 VRSCR, 7500 miles. How much? - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCR
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 04-06-2019, 01:15 PM   #16
flyday58
Earthbound for good.

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemcgov View Post
Nice Speedo mod.
Ya I bet it's a fun model!
Did you do the slipper clutch yourself?
How much did the replacement cost you?
Thx!
Slipper clutch was easy, $260 w/tax for the clutch. Speedo mod is from DUTCHROD on this forum, another easy mod, $220 from the Netherlands if I remember right. Slipper was from HD.
1978 DT715E
1974 GT80A
1976 GL1000 LTD
flyday58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #17
deltaflash
Registered Full

Like a lot of you guys I have and have had several bikes over the years. I am down to two bikes now, The VRSCR and my Vic Vision. I consider my VR bike my fun bike and use it for short/day rides and my Vision for touring. Love both for what they are.
deltaflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #18
MikeSez
Registered Full

Check out KBB.COM for retail and trade in motorcycle prices. Deduct damages.
How ever, a replacement pipe from the dealer will be priced much higher than a stock takeoff can be purchased for. Black book is the primary guide in the East and will have lower $ values.

Old 04-08-2019, 05:58 PM   #19
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

It's cheaper to keep her - so don't sell it flyday58 or anyone else ! The R in particular will be a cult bike but mainly due to it's rarity, not due to popularity like a Honda 750 or KZ900/1000 that everyone and his brother in law had at one time or another then get romantic about it and pay big bucks 30 years later to get one back. All these V Rods with Revo engines are so reliable they will outlive most of their owners if ridden with regular preventative maintenance performed, and need little replacement parts. I look at my motorcycles like family members - once in I take good care of them and don't kick 'em out. Just remember you can go buy a new $20,000+ Motorcycle and in just a few short years lose more than the current value of a nice V Rod - keep it a few more years and lose it again. I ride the crap out of my R one up, it doesn't break, looks great, get many compliments, wife likes riding on it - if it loses $ 1500 in value I could care less.
streetrodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:26 PM   #20
dimebag
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrodracer View Post
It's cheaper to keep her - so don't sell it flyday58 or anyone else ! The R in particular will be a cult bike but mainly due to it's rarity, not due to popularity like a Honda 750 or KZ900/1000 that everyone and his brother in law had at one time or another then get romantic about it and pay big bucks 30 years later to get one back. All these V Rods with Revo engines are so reliable they will outlive most of their owners if ridden with regular preventative maintenance performed, and need little replacement parts. I look at my motorcycles like family members - once in I take good care of them and don't kick 'em out. Just remember you can go buy a new $20,000+ Motorcycle and in just a few short years lose more than the current value of a nice V Rod - keep it a few more years and lose it again. I ride the crap out of my R one up, it doesn't break, looks great, get many compliments, wife likes riding on it - if it loses $ 1500 in value I could care less.
+1 the only thing id add is the R already is a cult bike. I had a partially toasted motor and ran hard multistate runs for about a number of years before the motor finally threw up it's hands as said enough.
Preventative maintenance after the motor swap and the thing runs great even after I burn it up at the drag strip.

Can't wait for my 1487 on a 180 rear end

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dimebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:28 AM   #21
MikeSez
Registered Full

I just looked at the pics and your bike is beautiful. I wish I had found one like it instead of my 2004 B model. Even if you just take it out on a nice day, it's worth holding on to just for for the mental health of a good ride.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:40 PM   #22
HAS V-ROD
HAS_VROD

Completely agree on keeping the bike for mental health. I have a 2006 VRSCSE2 Screamin' Eagle CVO V-Rod which was the first V-Rod or VRSC model with a 240 mm rear tire. It also uses the Screamin' Eagle 1,247 cc Revolution Engine.

I have several other bikes.....but if anyone must sell their motorcycle.....replace it with a convertible as they are also very good for mental health (I have a V-12 SL600 with 25 hp & ft-lbs torque naturally aspirated).
HAS V-ROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:20 PM   #23
dimebag
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAS V-ROD View Post
Completely agree on keeping the bike for mental health. I have a 2006 VRSCSE2 Screamin' Eagle CVO V-Rod which was the first V-Rod or VRSC model with a 240 mm rear tire. It also uses the Screamin' Eagle 1,247 cc Revolution Engine.

I have several other bikes.....but if anyone must sell their motorcycle.....replace it with a convertible as they are also very good for mental health (I have a V-12 SL600 with 25 hp & ft-lbs torque naturally aspirated).
I hope your missing a digit there. Id expect 25hp from a 1 cylinder BMW Isetta which would be a blast to toodle around in IMO

Old 04-11-2019, 10:28 PM   #24
EddieMello
ride 'em hard & wet!

I bought my 2008 Mid control NightRod with 3200 miles a half dozen years ago for $5300. I put a Rich’s seat mod to it and with the bags and windshield that came with it, I use it like a cruiser. Love that bike. I have 1940 flathead I am selling but I intend to keep the D forever.
'87 Softtail
'07 NightRod
EddieMello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:38 AM   #25
RogerF765
Registered Full

I honestly would keep it. I paid $6500 for mine with 12800 miles on it. I actually was planning on buying a ZX-14 until I saw the R because while I’ve always liked the V-Rod I’ve never been able to tolerate riding with forward controls due to back issues. I absolutely love this bike and have put 7,000 miles on it since I bought it in December using it as my only vehicle.
RogerF765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #26
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This was just listed on EBay today, project/parts bike. I've no connection other than being in Ohio.

2006 harley vrscr project $2795

"Nothing is foolproof if you have a sufficiently motivated fool."

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..." She's been beat on, thrown to the ground, abused,neglected & put away dirty..... but the gas gauge works !

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more.I thought I was mellowing as I got older,turns out I just don’t give a shit.”

H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #27
dimebag
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-D Heathen View Post
This was just listed on EBay today, project/parts bike. I've no connection other than being in Ohio.
Ohhh very interesting...

Might have to watch this very close.

I've horded a decent amount of Black Cherry Brilliant Silver R parts and unless my eyes deceive me that bike looks to be that color.

Price for a parts bike (running or not) is a little expensive IMO given it'll need to be shipped but if the price is rite.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement