Which coolant should I use? - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Mechanical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-21-2019, 10:20 AM   #16
stevemcgov
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks -
Just FYI - I was interested in Engine Ice but is is pricey and I all ready have a jug of Peak Global Lifetime (Same as HD Stuff) .
So I am going to mix some water wetter in with that and see if it runs a little cooler.

I will drain the old stuff, fill with Distilled water and a little vinegar, run that up and drain it and then add the Peak global 50/0 with some water wetter,.
stevemcgov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2019, 10:42 AM   #17
rbabos
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemcgov View Post
Thanks -
Just FYI - I was interested in Engine Ice but is is pricey and I all ready have a jug of Peak Global Lifetime (Same as HD Stuff) .
So I am going to mix some water wetter in with that and see if it runs a little cooler.

I will drain the old stuff, fill with Distilled water and a little vinegar, run that up and drain it and then add the Peak global 50/0 with some water wetter,.
Think I'd forget the vinegar part. Just distilled water.
Ron
rbabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:25 PM   #18
stevemcgov
Registered Full

10-4 thanks, I wont be a "dou*che-bag. Just dist water , no Vinegar!
stevemcgov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2019, 12:28 PM   #19
Mr. Orange 645
Registered Full

Either Peak or Prestone (probably both) make a coolant system cleaner. It's specifically made to clean and flush your collant system. I'd use that before I put vinegar in it. It takes souch to get all the vinegar and that smell out. And under high heat, vinegar will cook and turn brown.
Mr. Orange 645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:43 PM   #20
Mromaus
Registered Full

I recently switched to Evans water-less coolant. I am very happy with it.

It is pricey and a bit of a process to use, but after that it never needs to be changed again.
As with all of these coolants, the bike running cooler is negligible depending on the climate you live in. Evens has a lower freezing temp and higher boiling point.

I would not necessarily put it in my car. If I decide to build a car, then I would use it.
Mromaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:42 AM   #21
Hacker-Pschorr
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mromaus View Post
I recently switched to Evans water-less coolant. I am very happy with it.

It is pricey and a bit of a process to use, but after that it never needs to be changed again.
As with all of these coolants, the bike running cooler is negligible depending on the climate you live in. Evens has a lower freezing temp and higher boiling point.

I would not necessarily put it in my car. If I decide to build a car, then I would use it.
I use the Mercedes brand coolant (re-labeled Zerex G-05) in my aluminum engine cars, and often debated on switching them to Evans too. The prep work is a lot of work so I've never switched.

Now on the V-Rod, that's a good idea. Much smaller system, no heater core etc...
Hacker-Pschorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement