Security System pocket card - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Technical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 09-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
mjw930
SNAFU

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Security System pocket card

In case you lost your security system card (or never got one) from the owners manual here's a copy you can print out and carry with you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	security1.jpg
Views:	3168
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	60245   Click image for larger version

Name:	security2.jpg
Views:	3411
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	60246  
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
pfry

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks

I saved a copy.
Paul
pfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
capngeo
George

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Neat! Now I can erase the magic marker on the palm of my hand!

The World's ONLY "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" V-Rod

Ol' Bubba, Popes of Hell MC

You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot o' experience...
The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck
capngeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2006, 09:23 PM   #4
ez3
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Here is a version I typed up in Word format. I added the number for road side assistance and my ama number to it for convenience. It should print so it can be folded to credit card size.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Security System Personal Code.doc (33.0 KB, 1878 views)
ez3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
shurshot
Fisher of Men

Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Darn & to think I spent all that money on a tatoo of this very thing!!!!
shurshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:25 PM   #6
vrod in cbus
Registered Full

Did the bikes come with the code preset? I bought mine used and I have no idea what the code is? Is there a default code that all the bikes come with that I can try? Is there a way to reset the code?
vrod in cbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #7
Irish Rod
Irish Rod

vrod in cbus, to check if you have a code in your system, as follows
1. Alarm off(security lamp not blinking)
2.run switch off,
3. turn ignition On/off/on/ off/on
4. press left TURN SIGNAL twice, (TURNS SIGNALS SHOULD FLASH 1,2,or 3 times
5.press key fob twice, 1 flash turn sig. , count number of times security lamp flashes, this is your first digit of the code
6. Press key fob twice, 2 flash turn sig. count number of time security lamp flashes, this is Digit 2
7. press keyfob twice,3 flashes turn signals, count number of time security lamp flashes, this is digit 3
8. press keyfob twice , 4 flashes turn signals,count number of times security
lamp flashes , this is digit 4
9.Press keyfo twice, 5 flashes turn signal, count number of flashes security
lamp flashe ,this is digit 5.
10. press keyfob twice, 1 flash turn signals.
11. turn Ignition off.

If you wish to change a preset code, after the code has flashed on the security lamp you can advance the digit by pressing the left turn signal switch
E.G. to change 2 to 4 ,press left turn signal twice, then press key fob twice to move to the next digit.
To change 8 to 1 , you would press the left turn signal 3 times (8-9-1)and then press the keyfob twice
Hope this helps you. I just picked up a Ultra with no fob and I've been trying to unlock the alarm, but with out the code looks like I'm in trouble, will prob.
have to get a new TSSM

CHEERS
Irish Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #8
duckman996

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Security Alarm functions

Hi Guys, I'm a newbie to the night rod as of yesterday. Can you guys tell me how the security alarm is supposed to work. Sets with a push of the button but doesn't seem to unset when pushed again. Printed off all the code stuff above but haven't got my head around it yet. Too busy riding and too scarded to set the alarm now as i might not be able to unset it. I have replaced the battery in the unit.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
Max
Color me Gone

Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996
Hi Guys, I'm a newbie to the night rod as of yesterday. Can you guys tell me how the security alarm is supposed to work. Sets with a push of the button but doesn't seem to unset when pushed again. Printed off all the code stuff above but haven't got my head around it yet. Too busy riding and too scarded to set the alarm now as i might not be able to unset it. I have replaced the battery in the unit.
Press twice very fast to disarm.

The road of life sometimes seems full of potholes. RIP Jeannie, Alex and Brian. I'll never forget any of you.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #10
TEJASPECIAL
insane vrod posse...

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930
In case you lost your security system card (or never got one) from the owners manual here's a copy you can print out and carry with you.

I just woke up so perhaps I have missed something. I have no push/hold buttons on my '07 DX fob.
'07 VRSCDX Denim, PCIII, HC Stealth rear light. Aimsoil oil/filter. Topless, Pondo caps, Tyson powdercoat, Max HD sport front fender, Gardner-Wescott bolts. HD Compact Mid-Sport Shield. VRSCX front seat/pillion. MOCO slipper clutch, HD black series foot pegs, shifter peg. HD clunk kit. Works Black Trackers. Powerline chrome exhaust in progress. Custom wheel project in process. Brake pads. Blue LED gauge lighting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP JEANNIE, ALEX,

TEJASPECIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:04 AM   #11
stever975
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEJASPECIAL
I just woke up so perhaps I have missed something. I have no push/hold buttons on my '07 DX fob.
The posts in this thread are for '02 to '06 models with a TSSM (Turn Signal Security Module). The '07 and later HDSSS (HD Smart Security System) with a HFSM (Hands Free Security Module) has different installation and operation procedures.

A few of the HDSSS HFSM "features":
  • key fob with RFI chip to transmit identity (no button to push)
  • no storage mode (current draw dropped from 3.2 mA to 0.7 mA)
  • system may not "hear" the fob if closer than 4" (102 mm) to system antenna (e.g. fob sitting on the seat)
  • installation requires serial # assignment with HD Digital Technician
  • PIN # must be entered before fob assignment
stever975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #12
TEJASPECIAL
insane vrod posse...

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stever975
The posts in this thread are for '02 to '06 models with a TSSM (Turn Signal Security Module). The '07 and later HDSSS (HD Smart Security System) with a HFSM (Hands Free Security Module) has different installation and operation procedures.

A few of the HDSSS HFSM "features":
  • key fob with RFI chip to transmit identity (no button to push)
  • no storage mode (current draw dropped from 3.2 mA to 0.7 mA)
  • system may not "hear" the fob if closer than 4" (102 mm) to system antenna (e.g. fob sitting on the seat)
  • installation requires serial # assignment with HD Digital Technician
  • PIN # must be entered before fob assignment

Thanks! Great info. A fellow knows it had to change.
'07 VRSCDX Denim, PCIII, HC Stealth rear light. Aimsoil oil/filter. Topless, Pondo caps, Tyson powdercoat, Max HD sport front fender, Gardner-Wescott bolts. HD Compact Mid-Sport Shield. VRSCX front seat/pillion. MOCO slipper clutch, HD black series foot pegs, shifter peg. HD clunk kit. Works Black Trackers. Powerline chrome exhaust in progress. Custom wheel project in process. Brake pads. Blue LED gauge lighting.

RIP JEANNIE, ALEX,

TEJASPECIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #13
basmach
Registered Full

hi guys from St.-Petersburg (Russia)
I've just have bought VRSCR on auction after accident. The bike is with missing keys.
I've asked a friend at US to order the new keys by VIN from dealer. But I'm afraid it was equipped with security system. So is it possible to check from vin -was it with security system , or not?
thanks a lot for Your replays
basmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #14
Nimrod
Lock Talk Squawk

moved
Nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #15
SteveandMollie

VRSCAW Security Problems

Hi all; new to v-rod and new security systems. We bought an '07 VRSCAW used so don't have a PIN (previous owner doesn't remember entering one). Have a new fob with no button. I can't get my security system to shut off at all. Have tried all the suggestions here and in the manual. Is there a way to completely shut down the system or reset? Thanks!
SteveandMollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement