I had to laugh - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-27-2019, 08:01 PM   #1
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had to laugh

So my friend who is a non HD guy told me that he was going to ride the new Indian. SO he does and calls me. He says he is not as impressed as he though he would be. He was out on it and thought is was pretty fast. He blew off 2 HDs (not sure what). Then he sees a friend of ours, who owns a NRS. He hammers this Indian and says all he sees is the back of the Vrod getting further away. Not unexpected the NRS has cams and a tune. The funny part was he got a speeding ticket. This was the funny part, He said that the Indian was the most historically correct bike he ever was on. I said its not a retro bike he said no, it was the trail of tars all the way back to the dealership...
Any Edit is to fix spelling
Hunt and Peck its a way of life
Still no Facebook just older
BUMPER beats HELMET every time.
They removed my soul to fit in all this sarcasm
Nas3car is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2019, 09:55 AM   #2
stevemcgov
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think you meant "Trail of Tears" not "tars"

The 60,000 relocated peoples suffered from exposure, disease, and starvation while en route to their new designated reserve, and approximately 13,000 (±4,000) died before reaching their destinations or shortly after from disease.

IMHO: A speeding ticket compared to a deadly march of attempted genocide of indigenous americans is a very unfortunate comparison.
Just my 2 cents.
TY
stevemcgov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:22 AM   #3
CVO1
"Grab your ankles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemcgov View Post
I think you meant "Trail of Tears" not "tars"

The 60,000 relocated peoples suffered from exposure, disease, and starvation while en route to their new designated reserve, and approximately 13,000 (±4,000) died before reaching their destinations or shortly after from disease.

IMHO: A speeding ticket compared to a deadly march of attempted genocide of indigenous americans is a very unfortunate comparison.
Just my 2 cents.
TY
I understand what you are saying, but (IMHO) his comment was meant as "tongue in cheek" and not meant to offend. Unfortunately, these days, everyone is offended on a daily basis.

Hundreds of years ago, people would attack and steal land from other people. It is part of Earth's history. It happened thousands upon thousands of times.

Let me ask you this: The Commanche tribe inhabited most of the Southwest states in what is now the United States (100's and 100's of miles of land). It is well documented that they attacked and eradicated almost all of their neighboring tribes, in order to take their land and increase their territory. They would kill the majority of these opposing tribes and the ones that were not killed immediately were either enslaved, raped then enslaved, or enslaved, raped, then killed. Are you enraged? Remember, this is one instance of The Indian Wars among themselves.

Again, the human race has a long history of violence and treachery across all cultures. You're welcome.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CVO1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
stevemcgov
Registered Full

I just said it was an unfortunate comparison, how you got to me "being enraged"
I'm not sure.

Might have been smoother to just agree it wasnt the best comparison and move on but that was out of reach I guess.

" these days, everyone is offended on a daily basis."
seems to be a reference to me and others being too PC.
Good on-ya.

I don't give a Professorial history lesson or opinion on being "PC" a whole lot of weight when the source is a person whose Moniker is "Grab your ankles".
I've said my peace, Have a good day.
stevemcgov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:16 PM   #5
CVO1
"Grab your ankles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemcgov View Post
I just said it was an unfortunate comparison, how you got to me "being enraged"
I'm not sure.

Might have been smoother to just agree it wasnt the best comparison and move on but that was out of reach I guess.

" these days, everyone is offended on a daily basis."
seems to be a reference to me and others being too PC.
Good on-ya.

I don't give a Professorial history lesson or opinion on being "PC" a whole lot of weight when the source is a person whose Moniker is "Grab your ankles".
I've said my peace, Have a good day.
I'm sorry that you were offended. I wasn't necessarily speaking of you with the "offended comment". It was a general statement to society. I also never said that you were enraged. I asked if you were enraged. There is a clear and concise difference. For whatever reason, you took my comment to heart and decided to respond with an irritated tone. That is certainly your choice.

As far as my "history lesson", you can look it up as it is common knowledge. The Comanche were a very vicious tribe that pulverized and eradicated many other tribes in order to expand their territory. I'm also sorry that you found my screen name to be offensive and it somehow diminished my credibility. There's no need to get disgruntled. Relax.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CVO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:18 PM   #6
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So Yes Trail of Tears, and to let all know I have no like for the Indian motorcycle line at all. So when anyone bashes that line of bike no matter the reference its funny to me.

I re read my post and it was not so clear. The guy who was on the Indian said the ride back to the dealership was the Trail of Tears. He told me he cussed that NRS all the way back. The comparison for his was spot on. I obviously saw nothing wrong with using a point in history to compare to.

On another note WWF/WWE used to call a sneak attack being Pearl Harbored along with countless other who used that phrase. Not trying to justify just saying that many times a historic phase is used, the time it came from might be dark. I know many who say their boss or wife is like Stalin...or work is like a Polish Concentration camp.

I am also the first one to say that Ford is the best at diagnosing a problem, the circle the issue and attach it to the grill. Though I will give Ford credit even back in 1908 Henry Ford was a Visionary. He knew the frame rails had to be so far apart so the Small Block Chevy would fit.

I think that for something to be effective as a comparison, you have to understand what it was and how it correlates. Just because a phrase is spoken does not mean hate. To use it properly you must understand that phrase. One would not say he saw that coming from a mile away it was like she Pearl Harbored him. So to use something in proper context means that you understand it. That is my stand and yea that time in history sucked. So did the last Vrod being built and to add salt to the wound who thought it was a good idea to call the Street a StreetRod.
Ok enough rambling with no where to go.
Any Edit is to fix spelling
Hunt and Peck its a way of life
Still no Facebook just older
BUMPER beats HELMET every time.
They removed my soul to fit in all this sarcasm
Nas3car is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement