Another snake oil product or not? Lucas... - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-27-2019, 11:11 PM   #16
knight rod rob
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok I am talking about motorcycle oil stablizer. It not just for worn out engines. Or at least not like what's mentioned in the opening thread. Motorcycle Oil Stabilizer 12oz - 10727

100% PETROLEUM base
Reduces engine temperatures and friction
Extends oil life
Increases oil pressure
Increases power and fuel mileage
Will not sludge or varnish
Cools and quiets engine and gear boxes. And I can say for sure engine is quieter. And valves are set ok Lol.The video where it is showing that bearing wear is what I am hoping to deter in my tranny.
knight rod rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2019, 09:19 AM   #17
rbabos
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas3car View Post
THis guy does some basic tests with many different products. in this one he has some 70 year old Quaker State and compares it to some modern Quaker State. He sends some out for testing to see what is in it. THat old oil might do well with Lucas.
Fun vid to watch.
https://youtu.be/-zHlxeu_yuM
Funny about the old Quaker State. Back in the 60s it was known for causing serious engine sludge. Mechanics could almost tell it was used by the amount of crud in the tappet covers. Literally fully packed other then where the valve parts were sitting. I've seen it first hand, myself growing up in those days. This was pre PCV engines on the most part back then. While the oil has improved, I've never gone near it since after it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Ron
rbabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:21 PM   #18
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

Now that you say that I remember my Dad talking about that when John Force was sponsored by Quaker State. He was a Pennzoil man. But yes I have seen that sludge. Not my Motor...

Any Edit is to fix spelling
Hunt and Peck its a way of life
Still no Facebook just older
BUMPER beats HELMET every time.
They removed my soul to fit in all this sarcasm
Nas3car is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2019, 05:49 AM   #19
Knut J
VRSC est -03

Thank you folks for replies.
I handed my op question over to MecTec who answered:
"I don't really believe in that, but it's up to everyone to test.
I believe in a good oil than you put in a lot of extra additives that should already be in the oil.
Here is a similar product not unlike Lucas treatment":http://www.stp.eu/en/products/oil-ad...eatment-petrol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WILL RACE FOR FOOD!
Knut J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:36 AM   #20
rbabos
Registered Full

Stp does contain zddp (zinc) where Lucas doesn't claim it has. A very valuable anti wear additive to prevent metal to metal scuffing as a last resort. Both Amsoil and Mobil 1 have reduced this amount over the years. Very important in flat tappet camshafts among other areas. Most of the modern auto oils have eliminated zddp and gone to other additives for the same task. However, flat tappet engines will destroy themselves using it, so the choice of oils is important .For our engines, the choices of good motorcycle blend oils works just fine. Yes mc oils are a bit different then auto blends. For us, it's which mc oil withstands sheer the best, due to the trans, which has a nasty habit of chopping up the multi grade molecules and thinning the viscosity. Viscosity break down in the form of fuel dilution is another area of concern with these engines. Stock tune, no problem but some of the tunes out there are over rich , that can cause problems.
Ron
Old 11-30-2019, 08:50 AM   #21
rbabos
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas3car View Post
Now that you say that I remember my Dad talking about that when John Force was sponsored by Quaker State. He was a Pennzoil man. But yes I have seen that sludge. Not my Motor...

That pic brings back memories and your pic is no exaggeration. Seen several, all with Quaker State non detergent oil. Sadly the only thing to do was scrape out the crap the best you could and continue on with it's use. Going with an oil that had detergent would either block oil galleys or it would turn into a mosquito fogger due to losing ring seal as the varnish came off unevenly around the ring lands.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement