V-rod Muscle RPM light on with IGN OFF - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Mechanical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
sharkanmuscle
Registered Full
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb V-rod Muscle RPM light on with IGN OFF

Hi!

I just bought a V-rod Muscle 2012 with 14000km. I own it for about a month now (first Harley).

Last Friday I had it washed and today I went for a ride and noticed part of the RPM light is still on, even though the key was not near and the Ignition was OFF.

When I turned it on, All lights seems to work fine, but the when I accelerate, the light near the number 0 and 1 kinda "vibrates". Also, part of the RPM and Speed panel is still Foggy.

Any clues on how to solve it? I'm worried it will kill the battery by tomorrow morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190505-WA0014.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	532287  
sharkanmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-05-2019, 05:34 PM   #2
coastrider
Registered Full
 
coastrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Spain
Posts: 640
Images: 6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkanmuscle View Post
Hi!

I just bought a V-rod Muscle 2012 with 14000km. I own it for about a month now (first Harley).

Last Friday I had it washed and today I went for a ride and noticed part of the RPM light is still on, even though the key was not near and the Ignition was OFF.

When I turned it on, All lights seems to work fine, but the when I accelerate, the light near the number 0 and 1 kinda "vibrates". Also, part of the RPM and Speed panel is still Foggy.

Any clues on how to solve it? I'm worried it will kill the battery by tomorrow morning.
Try removing the plug from the IM and blow the water out of it. They are notorious for problems after washing. You need to be more careful and cover the IM with a plastic bag when you wash it.
coastrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:40 PM   #3
sharkanmuscle
Registered Full
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastrider View Post
Try removing the plug from the IM and blow the water out of it. They are notorious for problems after washing. You need to be more careful and cover the IM with a plastic bag when you wash it.
Please, can you be more specific? What is IM and where is this plug? English is not my first language, so it's confusing to me. Thanks very much.
sharkanmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 05-05-2019, 05:57 PM   #4
coastrider
Registered Full
 
coastrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Spain
Posts: 640
Images: 6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkanmuscle View Post
Please, can you be more specific? What is IM and where is this plug? English is not my first language, so it's confusing to me. Thanks very much.
Instrument Module (speedo assembly/cluster). The plug is in the bottom. Undo the 4 allen screws holding the bezel on and lift out the cluster. Alternatively you could just pull the maxi fuse and wait until morning and reinstall it and see if it has dried out overnight.
coastrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:12 PM   #5
sharkanmuscle
Registered Full
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastrider View Post
Instrument Module (speedo assembly/cluster). The plug is in the bottom. Undo the 4 allen screws holding the bezel on and lift out the cluster. Alternatively you could just pull the maxi fuse and wait until morning and reinstall it and see if it has dried out overnight.
Thank you very much. I removed the 4 bolts and blowed it. THe problem was solved.
sharkanmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:13 PM   #6
coastrider
Registered Full
 
coastrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Spain
Posts: 640
Images: 6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkanmuscle View Post
Thank you very much. I removed the 4 bolts and blowed it. THe problem was solved.
Great. Glad you are sorted. Put a plastic bag over it next time you wash it!
coastrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Right Turns (pop goes the IGN fuse) southwestduster V-ROD Technical 5 12-10-2016 08:29 AM
No ign mode southwestduster Problems 2 04-24-2016 06:48 PM
idle rpm hunts 200 rpm bucking below 3000 rpm keith fisher VRSCF 5 11-20-2015 12:48 PM
P&A IGN fuse Question vrodlover71 V-ROD Technical 0 07-17-2014 12:50 PM
ign coils pecee Engine and Transmission 4 08-11-2010 06:32 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum strong>Kawasaki Z125 Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Honda Africa Twin Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Victory Charger Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum
BMW Scrambler Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum