V-rod Muscle RPM light on with IGN OFF - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Mechanical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
sharkanmuscle
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb V-rod Muscle RPM light on with IGN OFF

Hi!

I just bought a V-rod Muscle 2012 with 14000km. I own it for about a month now (first Harley).

Last Friday I had it washed and today I went for a ride and noticed part of the RPM light is still on, even though the key was not near and the Ignition was OFF.

When I turned it on, All lights seems to work fine, but the when I accelerate, the light near the number 0 and 1 kinda "vibrates". Also, part of the RPM and Speed panel is still Foggy.

Any clues on how to solve it? I'm worried it will kill the battery by tomorrow morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190505-WA0014.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	532287  
sharkanmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2019, 05:34 PM   #2
coastrider
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkanmuscle View Post
Hi!

I just bought a V-rod Muscle 2012 with 14000km. I own it for about a month now (first Harley).

Last Friday I had it washed and today I went for a ride and noticed part of the RPM light is still on, even though the key was not near and the Ignition was OFF.

When I turned it on, All lights seems to work fine, but the when I accelerate, the light near the number 0 and 1 kinda "vibrates". Also, part of the RPM and Speed panel is still Foggy.

Any clues on how to solve it? I'm worried it will kill the battery by tomorrow morning.
Try removing the plug from the IM and blow the water out of it. They are notorious for problems after washing. You need to be more careful and cover the IM with a plastic bag when you wash it.
coastrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:40 PM   #3
sharkanmuscle
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastrider View Post
Try removing the plug from the IM and blow the water out of it. They are notorious for problems after washing. You need to be more careful and cover the IM with a plastic bag when you wash it.
Please, can you be more specific? What is IM and where is this plug? English is not my first language, so it's confusing to me. Thanks very much.

Old 05-05-2019, 05:57 PM   #4
coastrider
Registered Full

Quote:
Please, can you be more specific? What is IM and where is this plug? English is not my first language, so it's confusing to me. Thanks very much.
Instrument Module (speedo assembly/cluster). The plug is in the bottom. Undo the 4 allen screws holding the bezel on and lift out the cluster. Alternatively you could just pull the maxi fuse and wait until morning and reinstall it and see if it has dried out overnight.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:12 PM   #5
sharkanmuscle
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastrider View Post
Instrument Module (speedo assembly/cluster). The plug is in the bottom. Undo the 4 allen screws holding the bezel on and lift out the cluster. Alternatively you could just pull the maxi fuse and wait until morning and reinstall it and see if it has dried out overnight.
Thank you very much. I removed the 4 bolts and blowed it. THe problem was solved.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:13 PM   #6
coastrider
Registered Full

Quote:
Thank you very much. I removed the 4 bolts and blowed it. THe problem was solved.
Great. Glad you are sorted. Put a plastic bag over it next time you wash it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement