Danmoto 2 into 1 with PCv - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General > Exhaust
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 08-01-2019, 07:12 AM   #1
FLvrsca
2003VRSA, 2003FLHRCI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Danmoto 2 into 1 with PCv

Anyone able to get a good tune with a power commander V?
I just purchased the Danmoto 2 into 1 with a power commander V for my 2003 VRSCA. Ive read that the PCv isnít doing a great job on this bike.
I havenít opened the PCv box yet. If i can be convinced that it isnít a good fuel module i might not try it.

Just looking for feedback from anyone with PCv set up and this exhaust system

Ive got a PCV on my road king and really like it on that bike.
FLvrsca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
SPW
Registered Full

I just ordered the danmoto 2-1 for my 2005 and would also like to know what some of the guys are doing for tuners and how they are working out. These pipes have been around for a while now so what works best with them as far as tuning
SPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:04 PM   #3
FLvrsca
2003VRSA, 2003FLHRCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPW View Post
I just ordered the danmoto 2-1 for my 2005 and would also like to know what some of the guys are doing for tuners and how they are working out. These pipes have been around for a while now so what works best with them as far as tuning
I called Dynojet and they gave me a map that was listed as one of their downloads. I called to discuss detail with them because the items listed were not exactly but they said that it will work without any problems. I asked if they had any reported problems or issues with anything like decel popping or missing at any RPMís, they said no problems at all.

I downloaded the map and everything is set to go except i have a hang up with installing the Danmoto system. It is not a direct fit as advertised. Iím not waiting to hear back from them before i start hacking there brackets. Maybe they didnt send the correct ones....

Old 08-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #4
SPW
Registered Full

I got the exhaust on my bike today. The only problem I had was the bracket that goes on the frame. (3 bolts on a 2005) one of the holes did not line up had to open it up to make it bolt up. The rest of the exhaust bolted up good. Now I just need to decide on a tuner Let me know how yours works out when you get it finished
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4A8CACC9-5C87-4E96-9D59-FAC715B4CC6E_1565141872846.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	533531  
Old 08-07-2019, 08:48 AM   #5
MAR-VEL
Registered Full

I just Installed the Danmoto ( black ) on my 2015 muscle , I guess as a budget system Its ok I'm wondering If the paint Is ceramic or just heat resistant paint first ride out It turned from black to grey I have read that a lot of people have had the paint peel of , we shall see . Dont forget to change out your manifold gaskets . Got my Dynojet Power vision a few days ago , installed the custom tune that Fuel moto preinstalled on the tuner the bike runs great no more sluggish first and second gear . Over the moon with the tuner not so much with the Danmoto exhaust .
MAR-VEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #6
FLvrsca
2003VRSA, 2003FLHRCI

OK. I got the stainless pipes for that reason, black changing color and possibly flaking off. I got my system completely installed today. Just haven’t run it yet and it will be eight or nine days before I can get back home and work on it again.
I finally figured out how to mount that whole system correctly and it now fits like a glove. No issues with the mounting except had to redrill holes in flat mounting plate. I put the new gaskets in also. Seems like the headers don’t go into the heads very far. Must be how it’s made. How did your headers fit in? After I snagged up the nuts on the flange, they were just in about one or two threads from the end of the stud. How did yours look? I’m going to run it when I get back and re-torque those.

What is it that you don’t like about the exhaust system?
Old 08-07-2019, 06:59 PM   #7
MAR-VEL
Registered Full

I think I read on Danmoto's web site that they were ceramic coated . I just did an oil change and got a few drops of oil on the exhaust I wiped It off with a cloth LMAO It also wiped the paint of It would not have done that If they were ceramic coated or If they are then It must be a really cheap a$$ process that they use + the pipes I got are way loader than I thought they would be and I wear ear plugs , I guess In this case you get what you pay for . I'm glad I kept the Bassani Pipes that came of the bike cus I just might reuse them.
FLvrsca ... check out the pics . first pic Is front manifold .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FRONT.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	533543   Click image for larger version

Name:	BACK.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	533545   Click image for larger version

Name:	[pojkp.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	533547  
MAR-VEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #8
FLvrsca
2003VRSA, 2003FLHRCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR-VEL View Post
I think I read on Danmoto's web site that they were ceramic coated . I just did an oil change and got a few drops of oil on the exhaust I wiped It off with a cloth LMAO It also wiped the paint of It would not have done that If they were ceramic coated or If they are then It must be a really cheap a$$ process that they use + the pipes I got are way loader than I thought they would be and I wear ear plugs , I guess In this case you get what you pay for . I'm glad I kept the Bassani Pipes that came of the bike cus I just might reuse them.
FLvrsca ... check out the pics . first pic Is front manifold .
Good luck with the black ceramic. Definitely something wrong, i can see by your pic. Also the flange pic looks almost like mine. When i start it ill know right away if it leaks.
Glad Iím keeping my SE system for a while longer. The SE is not a $250 system and i can see the reason. With a 3.5 gallon fuel tank i probably wont be riding this machine on long rides. Plus it will be loud as hell i suspect..
Thank you for the pics.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #9
NexVision
Registered Full

I had the (Black Ceramic) DanMoto on and after a trip to Daytona it came off and on went the Bassani.

Have a 2011 NRS with Power Vision I tried all the maps on Dyno's site and even one from Fuel Moto. In the end to me they just sounded bad ran ridiculously hot even after I wrapped and coated them and maybe dilusional on this but I felt like there was a torque difference (which I am aware maybe in my head) but whatever the bike just didnt feel right. I pulled the danmoto and put on the Bassani and it just felt right to me in the throttle.

Now I should mention I also have a V&H comp series here which ran great on the bike if it wasnt so damn hot that probably would have stayed.

Shameless PLUG = V&H and DM still for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
011 Night Rod Special VRSCDX
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NexVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:38 PM   #10
FLvrsca
2003VRSA, 2003FLHRCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexVision View Post
I had the (Black Ceramic) DanMoto on and after a trip to Daytona it came off and on went the Bassani.

Have a 2011 NRS with Power Vision I tried all the maps on Dyno's site and even one from Fuel Moto. In the end to me they just sounded bad ran ridiculously hot even after I wrapped and coated them and maybe dilusional on this but I felt like there was a torque difference (which I am aware maybe in my head) but whatever the bike just didnt feel right. I pulled the danmoto and put on the Bassani and it just felt right to me in the throttle.

Now I should mention I also have a V&H comp series here which ran great on the bike if it wasnt so damn hot that probably would have stayed.

Shameless PLUG = V&H and DM still for sale.
Danmoto is off. Iím going with better quality for sure. Get what you pay for. I made a mistake.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:17 PM   #11
SPW
Registered Full

I used the power vision on mine with a tune from fuel moto and the only thing I noticed that I don’t care for is the idle is kind of rough. But as far as performance it picked up quite a bit of power over the 2-2 bubs that were on it. There’s a big difference in the way the bike pulls it feels a lot faster than before. I think with a little more tuning it will be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement