VRSC-Nova - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-03-2019, 08:03 PM   #16
CaveMan450
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
[quote=Nas3car;4750977]Yea the v four has been around the internet so many times it now has STDs. Here is the other version that is out there.

Seen that image before. I think it was a dudes little mad scientist project to slap into a custom chopper. Could be wrong though.

Anyways, here's Project Nova's engine. I'd give my left nut for a Siamese Revolution engine. But robertereyes is right. They'll never resurrect this old project.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-harley-davidson-project-nova-explained-history-5-812x1024.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	534643  
CaveMan450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #17
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There have been may pics of the whole thing going around. It looks very much like if Harley were to build a late 70's Honda NightHawk. There was a long board meeting to figure out if that or the current road was best. From Early 80's to the mid 2000's it was the right path. I remember Cycle World had a long trip comparison between 6 "baggers"s of the time. The first couple of sentances was the comment that before the trip started everyone was fighting over who get the Harley first. The end of the artical was something along the lines of even though it was not the most powerful bike or best handleing there was still fighting about who would get to ride it last.
That is Harley for 40 years now. One line of high tech bike, VRSC, but not everone wants a 50 degree lean and 150HP. So Hd filled a gap for decades. Now we can argue that today that 40 years of development would be awesome in the water cooled v 4. Though it hard to argue that they made the wrong choice. We will see in 5 or so years where the indusrty is.
I did hear that bike sales worldwide for everyone has dropped. 3 years ago there was a scooter sales office on every corner. Now I think we have one, and one guy does work out of his garage.
Any Edit is to fix spelling
Hunt and Peck its a way of life
Still no Facebook just older
BUMPER beats HELMET every time.
They removed my soul to fit in all this sarcasm
Nas3car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:03 PM   #18
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Keep the left nut, you'll be happier.

V Fours are Very Cool in fact I saw a Unicorn today - an original 1986 Honda Interceptor. Looked and sounded great, went away pretty darn zippy ! I had to have one back when they were released it was leading edge at the time, but after seeing a streetbike up under a pickup I put my deposit over on a new liquid cooled CR250. Never got my V4. H-D could have built one, project Nova or something later on. I think the Honda was 551 Lbs as a 750, with 86 Hp at the crank, and that's with Japanese engineering. Imagine what the H-D 1500-2000cc V 4 would weigh ? A double Revo would add 100 Lbs to the bike, minimum, so 750 -800 Lbs - Big, Heavy, even then it would never be as good as a V Max. No place to put any more gas, like a V Max. And you can get huge power out of a V Twin if done right, the bikes slimmer, easier to produce, less weight etc. Although very interesting, the complexity, cost, weight, low fuel range etc. of a V4 just didn't fit in H-D's line-up. Maybe they'll resurrect it in their " New Hundred Bikes " tease but how would it ever hold a candle to newer V4 bikes ? Most are race bikes not cruisers as well. Just don't see it. It's an answer to a question few have even asked. Keep your left nut CaveMan450 - you'll be happier to have it !
streetrodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement