Riding Glasses - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 06-03-2019, 08:23 AM   #1
Studog502
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Riding Glasses

What’s the best riding sunglasses and night glasses? Have a cheap set with the foam. Just seeing what everyone is using!!
Studog502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
Knut J
VRSC est -03

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mostly full face helmet here, but would like to vote for H-D riding glasses,
have 20k miles with čm, will do it again. Interchangeable lenses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WILL RACE FOR FOOD!
Knut J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:16 AM   #3
gooch1010
Registered Full

Sunglasses

Try 7eye optics, Great products and customer service, They have a very nice selection of riding glasses, Check out their Airshield with the foam eye cups.Ive had mine for almost six years now.
https://7eye.com
gooch1010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2019, 07:40 PM   #4
Boost
Back in Black

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I agree with 7 eye great products and service. They have different sizes for different faces.
most harley glasses are made by wiley x they are also good stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My bikes mods (lucky enough to have 2 v-rods)

My bikes pictures

Founder of NightMare's NightRiders!
Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:39 PM   #5
pfbmgd
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
7eyes are excellent . With the photocromatic optin you day wear the same glasses day or night .
Topless
Avon tires
Progressive springs front
Progressive 444 rear
pfbmgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:13 PM   #6
kntdrv
Registered Full

When I wore a half-helmet (StreetGlide) I went thru a lot of glasses. My favs were the ones HD sold that looked like Safey glasses. They sealed out the wind the best and were surprisingly optically clear. Expensive enough that I bought a few shades depending if it was sunny or overcast. The Clear ones worked great at night.

I now wear a FF (Vrod) with a built in visor and clear outer lens.....
CFR Pipe
Drag bars

joi gin
kntdrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #7
Pacoson71
Registered Full

Wiley X Air Rage made in my RX
Old 06-08-2019, 11:31 PM   #8
Plankowner911
Registered Full

Whatever the hardware store has for safety glasses. I go through them for work to quick to get anything expensive. The lighter the better for all day comfort. Wind can be a problem with the non foam types.
Plankowner911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #9
pjoo7
Registered Full

I wear liberty switch and wiley x you can get your rx in many of their models. I prefer a frame that has high degree of wrap and fits very close so less likely to get air displacement. The switch has swap able lens that are held in with very strong magnets both companies make ansi standard safety frames and lens. For fellow geezers it takes an optician that 1 understands motorcycles and two inquires about your riding style and position to give you optimal fit of bifocals or progressives. Consider amber/brown poloroid for day time and Very light yeloow tint ( bluetec ) with very high quality anti reflective coating at night. It will both reduce glare and ease impact of oncoming halogen/led lights. If dont want two pair the darkest tint i would consider for night time is a transition driver wear polarized lens.
pjoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement