SE stage 2 on back order - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Hi-Performance
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 04-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #1
Garyfack
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SE stage 2 on back order

Hey guys,

Iím having a hell of a time getting the stage 2 from HD 30076-09 itís on back order and keeps getting pushed. Found one on EBay our of Italy but the seller wonít respond so I can have them ship it ad only says pick up.

Anyone have a line on the kit?
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2019, 05:09 PM   #2
freudie1
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyfack View Post
Hey guys,

Iím having a hell of a time getting the stage 2 from HD 30076-09 itís on back order and keeps getting pushed. Found one on EBay our of Italy but the seller wonít respond so I can have them ship it ad only says pick up.

Anyone have a line on the kit?
Skip it, they are junk cams (read the many threads on this forum about them).

Wait for (or find) the next Jones cams order if you really want cams (they are mostly for top end any way you slice it).
freudie1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:01 PM   #3
rbabos
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by freudie1 View Post
Skip it, they are junk cams (read the many threads on this forum about them).

Wait for (or find) the next Jones cams order if you really want cams (they are mostly for top end any way you slice it).
I wouldn't say junk but there are better ways to accomplish the same goal, as in not regrinding a stock version to get there. Agree on the Jones for that purpose.
Ron
rbabos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2019, 09:23 PM   #4
pecee
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
unless you are on the track reving it to max all day long they are a waste of money.
pecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
Garyfack
Registered Full

Thanks guys, Iíll cancel my order then.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:38 PM   #6
johnr204
Registered Full

I'm gonna hafta chime in......
Yall I'm certain are gonna disagree, and that's ok. Last spring I got the SES2 cams for my '15 muscle. Went in well. VERY long story on tuning, but suffice it to say it is NOT an easy chore.
I have been told by many ppl, and a close friend who I respect on V's, that Jones "are better". Well, they do cost more. And yes, they have a larger base circle, but that comes at the cost of total lift. The SE's lift more. Period. They argue that it's hard on the valvetrain. And that MAY be the case. However I disagree. If the Jones, with the larger base circle lifted the same, then you need to clearance the valve covers, so they went as far as possible, and still be a drop in.
I LOVE my cams. And, with the 240 rear tire, I think they really wake that bad boy up.
Ok, now I have heard that the SES2's are also hard on throttle shafts. And that too is true. HOWEVER, they are a piss-poor design in the 1st place, and MANY bone stock bikes break them. So, either I'll suck a screw or butterfly in, or I'll get the TB upgraded by the guy in Ohio. Or, I may just buy the shafts from HM and do it myself. Most of us ENJOY working on our bikes. And I like to see just where the line is.............
John
johnr204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:00 PM   #7
rbabos
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr204 View Post
I'm gonna hafta chime in......
Yall I'm certain are gonna disagree, and that's ok. Last spring I got the SES2 cams for my '15 muscle. Went in well. VERY long story on tuning, but suffice it to say it is NOT an easy chore.
I have been told by many ppl, and a close friend who I respect on V's, that Jones "are better". Well, they do cost more. And yes, they have a larger base circle, but that comes at the cost of total lift. The SE's lift more. Period. They argue that it's hard on the valvetrain. And that MAY be the case. However I disagree. If the Jones, with the larger base circle lifted the same, then you need to clearance the valve covers, so they went as far as possible, and still be a drop in.
I LOVE my cams. And, with the 240 rear tire, I think they really wake that bad boy up.
Ok, now I have heard that the SES2's are also hard on throttle shafts. And that too is true. HOWEVER, they are a piss-poor design in the 1st place, and MANY bone stock bikes break them. So, either I'll suck a screw or butterfly in, or I'll get the TB upgraded by the guy in Ohio. Or, I may just buy the shafts from HM and do it myself. Most of us ENJOY working on our bikes. And I like to see just where the line is.............
John
I have a set of HM shafts and they are nice. Not sure what the Ohio guy uses but anything can be an improvement over the stock shafts. Yes even a stock bike can crack them. Bud in Dallas was tuning a brand new bike. TPS jumping all over the place. Yup broken shaft and warranty work before he could finish the tune. As for the cams, well we need to disagree on at least one thing , right?
Ron
Old 04-13-2019, 08:21 AM   #8
johnr204
Registered Full

I'm not sure we disagree. I think we just see things differently. But that is a GOOD thing.
John
Old 04-14-2019, 08:04 PM   #9
BIG POPPA 66
Registered Full

I have a set of stg 2 jones cams brand new in box 700 shipped in USA
BIG POPPA 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #10
Cruizer68
Registered Full

SE Cams on my 2013 Muscle and have been no problem and like. Won't say there's a huge difference, but question the quality of my dyno (Thanks Doc Harley. Not!). Thinking of getting it done elsewhere. Tried the Jones Cams route and waited and waited.
Like to think HD put some thought and design in their SE Cams, even if the bike is a V Rod, and it's fair to put trust into that thought and design.
Cruizer68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:00 PM   #11
rbabos
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizer68 View Post
SE Cams on my 2013 Muscle and have been no problem and like. Won't say there's a huge difference, but question the quality of my dyno (Thanks Doc Harley. Not!). Thinking of getting it done elsewhere. Tried the Jones Cams route and waited and waited.
Like to think HD put some thought and design in their SE Cams, even if the bike is a V Rod, and it's fair to put trust into that thought and design.
Is this Mr. TTS Doc?
Ron
Old 04-17-2019, 01:32 PM   #12
Cruizer68
Registered Full

Hi Ron, It's not. Unsure what TTS Doc is.
Cruizer68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:31 PM   #13
rbabos
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizer68 View Post
Hi Ron, It's not. Unsure what TTS Doc is.
Not important then. Different person.
Ron
Old 05-19-2019, 06:41 PM   #14
nightstalker
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just a update on the SE Stage 2 cams. I order a set to be installed a few months back, and found out they were back order and going to be discontinued. But I got a call today from the dealership, I ordered them from, and they were delivered yesterday.
nightstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:14 PM   #15
johnr204
Registered Full

An entrepreneur may buy 3 or 4 sets. They will be discontinued sooner rather than later. Just a thought.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement