SE stage 2 on back order - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Hi-Performance
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 06-19-2019, 06:15 PM   #16
Garyfack
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SE stage 2 on back order

So here’s the next idea, I get the cams. Are they good to have with the trask turbo set up? Or will I need different cams for that setup?
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #17
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

Hey Garyfack I've got a brand new set in the original H-D box, 4 cams, cutout template for lower airbox, instructions etc. kept in A/C since purchase $ 550 shipped.
streetrodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:56 PM   #18
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

Gary honestly if you plan to go Turbo that's a whole 'nother setup - You need Turbo cams to optimize that configuration - other than stock cams, which will work. For normally aspirated it's another path so you have to know what your destination is before you begin the journey - or you will double, triple the cost of your travel to power, after all the mistakes. Research your path, be realistic with your goals and the cost of it, then decide, adjust, and find what's the best, least expensive, most reliable path for you. I've been looking at it for a few years, and finally getting all the parts together for it. Best of Luck !

Old 06-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #19
johnr204
Registered Full

The S2 cams will physically work, as ANY cam will. Not sure your exact question.
What others have said about picking a path, researching, and then executing, will be the path of least resistance and less cost.
Now, if this is your first performance engine, weather it be bike, car, lawnmower, golf cart, or helicopter, the faster, more horsepower you want adds up QUICKLY. As for changing ones mind, you may as well have thrown the previous money down the shitter and start over.
IF by chance you find cheap performance parts, go ahead. Buy 'em.
That will happen once.
Please restate your question.
johnr204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:48 AM   #20
streetrodracer
Lifetime Premium

It's pretty simple and yea, johnr204 you can use any cams with a Turbo but certain profiles, lift and duration will Optimize evacuation of the added air volume and mass the Turbo squeezes in the cylinder, providing better cylinder volumetric efficiency and rwhp. Supercharger is similar, but still a bit different for it's optimization. The list of available cams from Jones is a pretty good guide - he's got a few in each category for N/A, Turbo and S/C so he's done the homework all we have to do is install & possibly time them. The S/E cams are pretty much drop in and run 'em for N/A since they are stock cam blanks reground. I for one would not run a N/A S/E cam in a Turbo engine because there are better cams for that purpose. Just like I wouldn't put a Turbo or S/C camset in a N/A engine expecting the best performance results in a N/A engine.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:17 AM   #21
johnr204
Registered Full

Streetrodracer........
My point...... 🙂
Old 06-20-2019, 08:09 PM   #22
Garyfack
Registered Full

as always thank you for your insights. I really do need to pick a path and stick with it.

johnr to rephrase my second question. if i get the cams and i go with the TurboCharger will the cams be the correct for maximum performance.

Streetrodracer has nailed my two part question/fumble. the SE 2 cams are made for N/A engines and work decent for that application but they will not be appropriate with either S/C or T/C setups. thank you very much.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:27 AM   #23
johnr204
Registered Full

Streetrodracer........
My point...... 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement