12 NRS hard throttle bogging - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCDX
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 06-02-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
kramykram
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
12 NRS hard throttle bogging

I tried the search feature. I am not sure what you would call the issue. Whenever I throttle hard, I get kind of a bogging. But if I ease up on the throttle it will go with no issues. I have replaced spark plugs, not that the old ones were bad. But since I had her apart checking on things I figured why not. I cannot find any vacuum leaks. Any help or guidance would be great.

Thanks
kramykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2019, 04:23 PM   #2
Elgavilan
The Hawk

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Check the fuel pressure, you can borrow a gauge from most auto parts stores, it takes the same as for a Chevy. The Schrader valve is below the rear throttle body on the right side.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2019, 05:08 PM   #3
kramykram
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgavilan View Post
Check the fuel pressure, you can borrow a gauge from most auto parts stores, it takes the same as for a Chevy. The Schrader valve is below the rear throttle body on the right side.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
55lbs of pressure. If I am just revving in neutral no issues. It's just when I am moving.

Old 06-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #4
kramykram
Registered Full

No collapsing hoses inside either. at least not the hard plastic ones.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:25 PM   #5
kramykram
Registered Full

Ok so searched for hard acceleration bogging. A few hits. Some say a tune, some say map sensor. I am stock fully stock except the V&H exhaust it came with. I did go ahead and change the fuel pump today as well with a Quantum. But no luck. I do not have any aftermarket piggy back ecu's either. Wouldn't a bad map sensor throw a CEL
Old 06-09-2019, 12:21 AM   #6
knight rod rob
Registered Full

Bogging

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramykram View Post
I tried the search feature. I am not sure what you would call the issue. Whenever I throttle hard, I get kind of a bogging. But if I ease up on the throttle it will go with no issues. I have replaced spark plugs, not that the old ones were bad. But since I had her apart checking on things I figured why not. I cannot find any vacuum leaks. Any help or guidance would be great.

Thanks
Since you have aftermarket exhaust. I feel you should do a stage one program. Which may have already done when exhaust was added. But its worth a check to find out.
knight rod rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:49 AM   #7
kramykram
Registered Full

I just ordered Dynojet Power Vision. So hopefully i can get some maps and see what I can do.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:58 PM   #8
kramykram
Registered Full

Power Vision hooked up, tried 3 different tunes, it cleaned it up a bit. But instead of bogging down, then having to let off and slowly accelerate, it just bogs but keeps going.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:00 PM   #9
kramykram
Registered Full

No codes thrown when bogging either.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:21 AM   #10
rbabos
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramykram View Post
Power Vision hooked up, tried 3 different tunes, it cleaned it up a bit. But instead of bogging down, then having to let off and slowly accelerate, it just bogs but keeps going.
Since you now have the power to reduce guess work, run a log. I, we, can view it and see if all sensors are functioning within spec. Also, any cal you load will need to be dialed in, however, I've never seen any of them cause bog . If you want, send me the log to view sensors. Make about 15-30 minute log. I will pm my email.
Ron
rbabos is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement