Fuel Moto Powervision Map - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD EFI
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 06-08-2019, 07:49 AM   #1
apschaut
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Moto Powervision Map

Hi all, Just curious how everyone’s fuel moto map worked out for their power vision. I received mine, tore off my cobra, installed the power vision and went to the track. Bike ran good but something felt off and I noticed a little more blueing in my front pipe. I loaded the map up in winpv and noticed it was set up a lot leaner in the front cylinder. I played with the tune a bit and couldn't find anything without a flat spot. I ended up downloading dynojets 2-1 rinehart map. This map was leaner overall but the front cylinder was setup a bit richer. Only had one ride but this map got rid of any stuttering and the bike has a bit more torque. Anyone else been here? 2007 vrscd 1130, topless, k&n, danmoto 2-1.
apschaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2019, 08:02 AM   #2
rbabos
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by apschaut View Post
Hi all, Just curious how everyone’s fuel moto map worked out for their power vision. I received mine, tore off my cobra, installed the power vision and went to the track. Bike ran good but something felt off and I noticed a little more blueing in my front pipe. I loaded the map up in winpv and noticed it was set up a lot leaner in the front cylinder. I played with the tune a bit and couldn't find anything without a flat spot. I ended up downloading dynojets 2-1 rinehart map. This map was leaner overall but the front cylinder was setup a bit richer. Only had one ride but this map got rid of any stuttering and the bike has a bit more torque. Anyone else been here? 2007 vrscd 1130, topless, k&n, danmoto 2-1.
The purpose of the PV is to allow to tune a cal, not load and go racing. Base cal is just that so it will need some refining. Since you mentioned going to the track, your NB sensors are not great at developing the ve table at the top end. They are best for normal riding areas for tuning. I suspect if you regularly visit the track Target Tune might have been the better choice as it will do it all. Don't bother with PV pro as it's only really good for top end only based on how it works. Now if you are talented you can tune the top end with PRO and the regular areas with the onboard NB sensors but this is very time consuming and a pain in the ass. Personally, I think Target Tune would give you the best results.
Ron
rbabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:37 AM   #3
apschaut
Registered Full

Thanks Ron! The track is a good 30 minutes away so I felt it was a proper way to get a feel for this fuel moto map and gather data. The bike is open loop so I’m working with what I feel is a good base map but lack o2 sensors. I just find it a little curious that the fuel moto map was setup so lean in the front cylinder vs the dynojet map. I do know that either autotune with WB sensors or a pro tuner are in my near future. One bill at a time lol

Old 06-08-2019, 08:40 AM   #4
apschaut
Registered Full

Note that the cobra tuner i had on there was the gil’s box knockoff fi2000r and was absolute garbage compared to the power vision 🙂
Old 06-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #5
rbabos
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by apschaut View Post
Thanks Ron! The track is a good 30 minutes away so I felt it was a proper way to get a feel for this fuel moto map and gather data. The bike is open loop so I’m working with what I feel is a good base map but lack o2 sensors. I just find it a little curious that the fuel moto map was setup so lean in the front cylinder vs the dynojet map. I do know that either autotune with WB sensors or a pro tuner are in my near future. One bill at a time lol
No idea on the differences but I don't place a whole lot of faith in base cals. If you look at a stock late model vrod factory cal and compare it to the 3 basic PV versions of the 177 base available, each one of the three are nothing more then a ve % increase over the next. They likely never saw a dyno in any of them. All are starting points only and safe enough for the engine at WFO. I've seen wildly different open loop cals the same for the same engine also. Until you get the O2 deal going on, the only option is to take what you feel is the leaner one and increase the entire ve table by 1-2% at a time to see if it balances out. Same with too rich, which would require dropping it in %. The issue is , it's a guessing game on a cal that never saw a dyno, so you really don't know what you have without some feed back from O2 data.
Ron
rbabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:57 PM   #6
apschaut
Registered Full

Thanks Ron. Really appreciate the time you took for the feedback. She runs great on the dynojet tune so i’m going to start saving for the o2’s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement