I need to finish testing, but here’s where it is now. I flashed the original tune on it in the parking garage at work - when I turned the ignition on to do it, my gas gauge went up to just over half a tank. The gauge had been wonky when I got it, but I let seafoam sit in a full tank for awhile and it had been working fine for months. After the reflash the ecu resets and it went to almost 3/4 of a tank.
I checked the oil and it was fine, and I had been reading all day about the glowing pipes and it went back and forth on people saying that with a thinner single wall pipe on the Akrapovic it was normal, and others saying it wasn’t - but none of them had the Akrapovic pipe. Since I was on the original tune, I started it and let it idle and since it was dark I could start to see the pipes near the head looking red when it got hot. I rode extremely easy next door and filled up the tank and then rode back to the gas station by my house and filled up again to see how much gas I had used - 0.9 gallons in 36 miles so I know on the stock tune I’m not dumping fuel.
I want to test the same thing on the tune from Fuel Moto, but first I want the PV mounted so I can set the digital gauge function to display my engine and coolant temps, real time mpg, etc. So since then I’ve been making a mount for the PV, flipping my mirrors to under the bars instead of above since I had the front panels off, and making a new bracket so I can use my windshield with my headlight cowl on.
I should be done with all that stuff today, but it’s raining here the next couple days so I won’t be able to test it right away.